“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #76 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Dallas, Texas
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Just finished a five day stay Fourtyseven Hotel. Everything was great. Hotel staff were very accommodating, assisted with setting up a last minute tour, then called later to offer a boxed breakfast and a wake up call. Breakfast was delicious, plenty of choices. Staff that handled the breakfast were all very nice, gluten free bread was delicious. The hotel itself was beautiful, spotless. Hotel was very quiet, I heard no street noise during the night. Rooms also have room darkening blinds which worked great. I enjoyed sitting in the courtyard reading the news paper. The rooftop restaurant is also a nice place to relax and enjoy the views of the city. Dinner at the restaurant was very good, staff is well educated on gluten free diet and the offer many choices. I also want to mention that I had no problems with the WiFi during my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your positive comments and we hope you come to visit us again. We take the opportunity to inform all the estimeed Tripadvisor Readers that booking the hotel through email writing directly to reservations@fortysevenhotel.com is the more convenient way to organise your stay with us.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
philadelphia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for six nights with my fiancé. Location is not good. It's a far walk to get to most attractions. After a few days we ended up taking a taxi to most places (taxis in Rome are not cheap). Hotel staff are not helpful. Front desk girl gave me wrong information multiple times. Hotel does not have a shuttle but work with a car service which charges us €70 for a ride from the airport. Room 503 was spacious, comfortable bed and had a balcony (no view). Next time we will definitely stay in a different hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank beata92285
Dear Guest,
We carefully read your review.
We are in the center of many attractions as Roman Forum and Colosseum from one side and Trastevere area , full of Restaurant, from the other side.
Shopping area in VIa del Corso , Galleria Albero Sordi is just 10 minutes far away on foot.
Also Spanish Steps, Via Condotti, can be a very nice and easy walk about 15 minutes on foot.
If you were looking for discoteque or night club , we suggest you to book hotels in Via Veneto.

Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was our first stop on our trip to Italy and Paris and we spent four nights here. The whole experience got off to a bit of a rocky start. I sent the hotel a message via their website to try to arrange transportation from the airport and an early check-in. I did not receive a response after a week, so I sent an email to the reservations email listed on their website and also did not receive a response. Finally, after contacting them through Facebook, I was able to get the process going. They were, understandably, unable to guarantee an early check-in unless I added the prior night to my reservation but said they would do all they could to accommodate me (which they did), and told me there would be a driver waiting for me upon our arrival at the Rome airport. They also kept referring to me as “Mrs." and continued to do so after I told them I was a “Mr.”

When we arrived at the Rome airport, the car they promised was nowhere to be found. We looked around for twenty minutes and eventually decided to take a taxi to the hotel. When we checked in, they had the room ready for us. When I told the woman checking us in that the car had not showed up she was very rude about the whole thing. She didn’t apologize or even empathize with us….we were told “That never happens”, got a lecture about calling and even told that we were fortunate that didn’t still charge us for it. When we told her our phones weren’t working internationally yet, she just rolled her eyes. Not a very warm welcome after over eighteen hours of travelling. Of the four hotels we stayed at on our trip, this was the only one where we were almost never acknowledged when we would go through the lobby on our way in or out of the hotel.

When we got to the room, we were pleasantly surprised to find that it exceeded our expectations. We had reserved one of the suites on the fifth floor and it was incredible. It was very large and had plenty of storage and enough outlets for us to charge our gadgets. There was a huge balcony overlooking a couple of old Roman temples. We found a small grocery nearby and had wine, meat, cheese and chocolate three of our four nights. Even though we were directly below the restaurant, we never heard anything from it. The blackout blinds did a great job of blocking out all of the street noise. The bathroom had good water pressure and nice fluffy towels.

As others have said, the location is fantastic. We were able to walk to most of the sites we wanted to see. The exception was the Vatican – it was a bit far but a relatively inexpensive cab ride solved that problem. (An they get cabs quick – they tell you four minutes but it’s more like one).

Breakfast was good – a selection of meats, cheeses, breads, pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. It started at seven, but I wouldn’t suggest going then as they were not usually finished setting up.

We had a very enjoyable meal in the restaurant above our last night. Our waiter was very attentive and provided excellent suggestions for our meal. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We enjoyed the open air seating as well

All in all it was an OK stay. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this hotel, but I wouldn’t say to avoid it either. The rooms and restaurant are great. Of the four hotels we stayed at on our trip, this was the only one where we were almost never acknowledged when we would go through the lobby on our way in or out of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We thank you for the review.
We apologised for the inconvenience you had for the pick up service at the airport.
We appreciated many positive comments about the Hotel Fortyseven especially for the rooms and CIrcus Restaurant. These aspects are very important and if you decide to come back to Rome do not hesitate to contact our booking office reservations@fortysevenhotel.com or me directly for a more special stay.

Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

My wife and I stopped in Rome on the way to a cruise for our first anniversary and were very happy with our choice of FortySeven Hotel for a quick two night stay. The location was perfect for us and within walking distance to most of everything we wanted to see in the short time we were there. The only time we needed transportation was to visit Vatican City and St. Peter's, and the concierge at the front desk was very helpful in getting us a cab, and also in helping direct us to buy tickets for the Vatican online to bypass the long lines outside. The restaurant on the roof had an amazing view, and after long days of walking around it was the perfect ambiance to have a drink and relax. The room was perfect for what we needed, with a very comfortable bed and clean, updated bathroom. Breakfast in the morning had a nice selection of food and beverages, and everything was fresh and delicious. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Rome.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NTirish79
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your kind review very positive. We are happy when we satisfy the Guests. At the moment we are 92 % , no bad but we can improve working harder . It won't be easy but we take the challenge. If you come back to Rome do not forget to contact us, as returning guest we will pleased to make very special treatment especially if you book us directly just sending an email .
Erika, Daniella , Gabriella and Alina our booking office is more than happy to be at your disposal.
Thank you and see you soon.

New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and i arrived at the FortySeven for a 7 night stay to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary. Prior to our arrival, I read all reviews of the hotel here on Trip Advisor which had helped us make our decision to stay. I emailed the hotel manager Danielle, the Wednesday before we were to arrive. I told her i would love to celebrate my anniversary at their RoofTop restaurant on Tuesday, Aug. 11..i also requested to have a room on the 5th floor (which i highly recommend). i was immediately emailed back with a confirmation of my dinner reservation and kind words regarding my anniversary. She also said in the email that while the hotel may be booked, they will do their best to accommodate a 5th floor room which of course i understood.. to my surprise, after a 9 hour flight and a half hour taxi ride to the hotel, my husband and i were pleasantly surprised with my request of a room on the 5th floor granted. (room 506) The room was a double occupancy with a beautiful view of Via Petrocelli from the balcony out side. Of course to American standards, the rooms may appear to be slightly smaller than what we are used to in America, but, you have to take that into consideration. You are not in America ! So many things will be different. Bed was big with 4 nice size, comfortable pillows, black out shades made for a great night sleep, bathroom had all amenities you need from shampoo/conditioner to a little box with shower cap, q-tips, nail file and more. The cozy bathrobes and slippers were especially nice after a 14 hour day of touring the city of Rome. Room service came twice a day to clean and turn down the bed. They even folded my night gown and left it placed neatly on the bed. Our first evening there, we were so tired from the flight and time change, we stayed in and ordered room service which was delicious and came very quickly. Any thing we needed was basically granted. Cabs arrive within a minute of the staff calling them. Breakfast was good ranging from juice, cereals, muffins, eggs, sausage, meats, breads and coffee. Location is fantastic. You can walk to all major landmarks like Colleseum and Palantine Hill within 5 - 10 min. (I advise excellent walking shoes)
I don't want to drag this review out so I'm trying to write the basics. All in all, our experience at Hotel FortySeven was a pleasant one. If i ever returned to Rome, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request 5th floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Danielle C
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review . You developed several points especially to make understand to the some Tripadvisor Readers that European Standards can be different from the American Standards or the Standards you can find in Asia.
Regarding the fifth floor, I inform all the Guests that we will do our best to up grade them when we have availability and this review confirm this point. Everybody want the fifth floor but you are too many.
It is clear that if you book one of our Suites that are located on fifth floor there is no doubt you will be assigned to the fifth floor with view and balcony. It is also clear that it is more expensive but exclusive solution normally have higher prices.

We appreciate you would like to come back . Feel free to contact me or my colleague Danielle if you have occasion to visit Rome again and we will do our best to make your stay always special
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Reception: (specifically upon arrival)
The reception area is very basic, but clearly designed to be efficient, and has a nice view through to the courtyard area. As for the actual reception, there wasn't much of any, the people working were pre-occupied, which is fine, but when a new guest arrives some for of acknowledgement would be welcome. This is the one area I'd give this hotel a pretty low grade on. When guests arrive in the AM, particularly from north america (tired, a little sweaty etc...) attention should be made to welcome them and provide the adequate amount of service.

Room:
4/5 - The room was clean, spacious, quiet, well-cooled. Seemed to have been updated in the last 10 years or so. Perfectly nice room and appropriate at this price point.

Service: 3.5/5
As I find common in Italy, the service is generally as good as you demand it to be. They were all very nice and polite, but often weren't sure or were hesitant to go that extra step to. To be fair, I'm probably not the easiest, but they did a good job overall. Sometimes a bit slow, but barely.

Front-desk/Concierge: 4/5
Wanted to come back to this following my review of reception. There was a change of shift and also just a warming-up period, but the reception/concierge were very helpful on many occasions, and provided great service for the couple of days we were there, and at check-out.

Food/Amenities:
Breakfast - 3/5 > Decent, all the basics on offer, service was good, but a bit sparse so difficult to order menu items.
Rooftop - 4/5 > Food was excellent, and the view is fantastic. This is a really great spot to relax on the late afternoon and have some food/drinks. Easily the best part of the hotel.

Location:
In my view, this is a fantastic location. You can get to all the major historical sites very quickly by foot. Easily access trestevere and up to the vatican.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your positive review. Your feedback is very useful. We appreciate to read in which area of the hotel we have to improve our performances.
Unfortunately , some people use Tripadvisor improperly writing unfair review
Thank you again and with the hope you come to visit us again, we remain with our

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Spacious rooms, nescafe machine in the rooms, good bed. Superb staff: husband left luggage at home (don't ask...) and arrived late, we got everything from the hotel: new T-shirts, vanity set, toothpaste and toothbrush, so survived the first night. It was our first getaway being newly pregnant so the T- shirts are still in use reminding us for a great holiday. Good breakfast in breakfast room (not so good room service breakfast). Nice top floor restaurant with bar and great views.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this nice review , once again let all the Tripadvisor Readers evaluate our Hotel through your reviews. Thank you for confirming we have spacious room and thank you very much for the words you have for our Staff.

Please do not hesitate to contact us when you come back to Rome we will be more than happy to welcome you again.