“Ending our tour with a grand finale”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tanagra

Tanagra
Ranked #3,262 of 12,134 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Neighbourhood: Flaminio
Description: tel 063610097
Ottawa, Canada
“Ending our tour with a grand finale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We finished our Global Tour at the Tanagra Cafe Concert Hall (rough english translation), a classy restaurant, with a great operatic quartet providing the entertainment in an eating hall with great acoustics. They were really good: I even bought their CD! It was so lovely to disappear into arias by Verdi, Mozart, Gounod, Donizetti and Puccini. But they also included the audience in their antics by bringing a bald guy up on from the audience and shaving his face and head while singing the Barber of Seville; by having the gorgeous mezzo in her strapless dress cruising the room bestowing favours and making suggestions to many of the men in the room while singing Carmen’s Habenera; and finally by including us all in the singing of Funiculi, funicula. I was entranced, moved to tears, and totally caught up in the merriment of the moment! A good time was had by all!

• Visited October 2013

connecticut
“A fun night to remember and experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved it!! I am listening to the opera cd from there. I went with a tour group which was so much fun! The food was good but you really going to be in Italy . We had so much fun here and the people we were with were willing to laugh and participate. You cannot take life so serious. You are in Rome, eating good food, drinking wine and listening to Opera selections you have heard at least in a cartoon or a commercial, go and have fun , you are in Italy!! Buy the cd to take home some memories to relive your night!!

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great Food with Fun Entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I had a really good time here.

As you enter, the room is dim with the walls lit up with changing colors. The interior was beautiful with all its details. You can come dressed business casual and you'll fit in with all the other guests.

For a start, we had cured beef (Bresaola), which was absolutely fabulous. We also had a pasta dish, risotto, and my husband and I had the veal with roasted vegetables. Overall, I thought the risotto and the veal were on the salty side, but had plenty of flavor.

The entertainment they had during our meal was great. They sang very familiar Italian opera songs and some skits were very comical. They also ask for audience participation and one of the female singers goes around to EACH of the guys in the audience. So don't get too jealous ladies......

For dessert, they gave us tiramisu!! My husband said he loved that tiramisu the best (had a stronger liquor flavor and punch of cocoa). My favorite tiramisu was in Venice (more like a custard), but this one came a close second for me personally. They also served a nice sweet sparking wine (which I loved and need to find the name of...)

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Charlene C
Dallas, Texas
“Large Tour yet great service and left full”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I came here with a tour bus and another joined us making for around 100 people. We had the entire restaurant to ourselves, and there was plenty of room and seating. The bathrooms were clean and well kept as several of us needed to clean up after a morning in the sun. We were served bread with olive oil and butter, a pasta dish, veal, potatoes, peas, tiramisu, expresso, and wine and water. There was plenty of food and even with a large crowd the food came out in a timely fashion and was very delicious. I ate every bite!

Visited July 2013
Bronx
“Excellent way to spend an evening in Rome with Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

A venue that can seat large tours. The restaurant is super clean and the staff of servers are very friendly and efficient. The food was top notch and they don't skimp on portions. The wines they served were also very good. The entertainment was excellent and the song choices were very familiar. There is a comedic flair to the singers but all in all very professional. The evening goes quick. There is plenty of time to eat in between performances.

• Visited May 2013