“nice place for a short trip”
Review of Romangelo Hostel

Romangelo Hostel
Ranked #564 of 1,134 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 6 October 2013

it was very close to termini and you are able to access to historical place easily however the room was small a little ,it was calm and clean .you could have a perfect breakfast . the manager was very kind and friendly and helpful.if we come back Rome we will choose it again .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Romangelo Hostel

Reviewed 3 October 2013

though close to Roma Termini, this hostel is not convenient for many other reasons
1. nobody knew about the hostel. not even the shopkeeper two doors away
2. it is not marked well and difficult to find. remember the address and street number. don't expect to see a board
3. six in a room, though i knew it before hand. but sleep is difficult. what with snoring men and women
4. weather was cool, AC was not required. in July/August, things could have been different
5. one bathroom/toilet for 15 people. worse than a college hostel
6. breakfast of white bread, marmalade, butter served at 8 am, when most museums expect you to be at the door at 9 am. breakfast ought to begin at 7
7. one of us forgot a cellphone at the reception and lost it. when we asked the manager to look at the CCTV footage to find who had picked it up, he refused to do so, and then said it is not working
8. kitchen closes at 8 pm
9. if you have to wake the manager, he would grumble and frown as if he is doing you a favor
10. no laundry.

good points

1. many eateries nearby, McDonalds right outside termini
2. conveniently close to Termini and Vittor Emanuelle metro stations.
3. tram runs right on the street
4. bus stop close
5. coliseum within walking distance
6. close to Maria Maggiore
7. supermarket close by
8. free computers

we were a group and it was difficult to stay there.

we had booked through booking.com and it was not possible to cancel the reservation without losing all money. so we had to stick to it.

recommended for the single traveller

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Look let me just say one thing. I made the mistake of trying to save a few bucks and chose this "apartment" in Rome. You can't save a few bucks anywhwere in Rome is one thing I learned. It felt like we were staying in some weird brothel in the middle of China Town. The single room was directly outside the table where all the backpackers hang out!!!! Mostly desperate dudes with nothing to do...except talk all night and keep everyone else AWAKE!! It seriuosly felt as if I was coming out of a room after "paying for a service" with my wife. lol...All the idiots look up at you when you walk outside your room. So weird. It really feels like you are in a house because you ARE!!! The layout is terrible. Something bad is gonna happen there someday if it hasn't all ready. You can just tell. Lighting is dark and depressing. Not worth it. Buy a tent instead with your money and camp! You'll have allot more privacy.

Room Tip: Until the staff starts enforcing "quiet hours" ..all rooms stink!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I spent 3 nights in Romangelo hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful but the hostel facilities weren't so great. The rooms were really small (I stayed in a shared dorm). The location is convenient and the breakfast is awesome. There's not much space to just hang out except for the lobby with computers, which makes interaction with other guest difficult. But if you are just looking to stay for one or two nights, the hostel does have everything you need and it's close to Termini station which is great.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I saw all the good reviews for this hostel, and I really don't know why. My stay there was terrible, even though im used to share bedrooms in hostels and travel with a low budget. The Location, near the Termini Station is good cause it makes easier to get to the city touristic points. The only problem is that it is quite a dangerous area, and as a smoker, it was difficult to stay outside having a cigarette in peace.
The worst problem for me was the lack of privacy, and I'm not speaking about the other people of the room, but about the staff, always entering the room for random reasons. One of the nights a member of the staff demanded me and my friend to turn off the lights of the bedroom, to don't bother other guests, even though it was only me and her in the bedroom. The room was quite hot, and the staff wouldn't allow us to open the window, saying that someone in the street could see us getting changed (?).
I was there this august, which is quite a busy time, and to use the bathroom in the morning was a bit complicated.
Also, my room window was facing the street, in a busy area, with trucks and cars passing by the whole night, which made really difficult to sleep, although the beds were really comfy.

The biggest part of the staff couldn't speak English, which made the communication quite complicated.
Also, I don't know about the other rooms, but mine had nothing to do with the photos showed here.
They offer Breakfast, included on the price, and it was quite good for what we were paying.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank AmandaMurcia2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The staff at the hostel were very helpful- we originally booked at Romangelo 2, but they didn't have space for us, and switched is over to Romangelo. We stayed in a co-ed dorm, which was spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable, but the noise from outside (cars/trams) made it impossible to sleep through the night- and we had to keep the window open because there was only one oscillating fan for all of us to share.
Breakfast was included, and there is a kitchen to use, which is extremely convenient. There are also 3 common computers, and the staff lets you print, which is great.
Really the downsides are the noise, and that between 4 dorm rooms we were all sharing 1 bathroom.

Room Tip: If you can get a room away from the street, DO IT! Also, air conditioning was advertised in our orig...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I spent 1 night in this hostel. It has everything what I needed. Comfortable bed in a dormitory. Clean and quiet inside. The staff was friendly and helpfull. They gave me a map of the centre. The breakfast was delicious-bread, rolls, cereals with milk, jam and honey, coffee and tea. It is located just 5 minutes from Termini station in a safe part of Rome.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo