“our "home" in rome”

Ranked #18 of 1,072 Speciality Lodging in Rome
tel aviv
“our "home" in rome”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

we stayed for 5 days in this lovely B&B hotel. The room was highly maintained, clean and elegantly furnished. The owner, Marco, is a warm, generous person, always smiling and always helpful. It was a pleasure starting our mornings in his pleasant company, with the delicious breakfasts he serves. The place has an intimate and cosy feeling that we enjoyed throughout our stay. It is situated in a peaceful yet central area of Rome. We will definitely return to Vecchia Roma, if we get the chance!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
marco628, Proprietario at Vecchia Roma Resort, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
You were very special guest!
You made me come back to mind the special time when I lived in your land.
I am very happy that your stay was enjoyable, and I look again .... with open arms!
Thanks Marco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed with Marco for 5 days over the summer and it was once of the best weeks I have ever spent traveling. His apartment is perfectly located with access both to the city center/touristy areas and the quieter areas for locals. I would urge you to get as much information as possible from Marco who is incredibly knowledgeable about Rome, as a local, and a sweet guy. He even showed me one of his favorite restaurants and the church where he got married.

The rooms were comfortable and clean. No complaints, exactly what is advertised. Free wife, etc. Breakfast was simple and nice coffee or whatever you like with a pastry of your choice. Overall, it was a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
marco628, Proprietario at Vecchia Roma Resort, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
I was very pleased to know that your summer stay was good.
You still have a reason to come back, this summer I continued to "study" to find other tips brand new!
Thanks again and hope to see you soon,
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed here for six days during new year's holidays.
It was a perfect place to visit all the spots famous in rome.
It was very quiet and safer than other hotels at Termini.
there are three rooms and my room is a single room with a private toilet.
the toilet was so clean and hot water is good enough.
and the room is very warm.
Subway station is close (5min) and lots of buses are there.
The owner was very kind and tells me how to walk around and what bus to take and good restaurants.
the breakfast was good and the owner served good meal as i wanted.
Of course I want to stay again in a near future.

Room Tip: Bus 175 in front of B&B is so convenient to get to every famous place.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
I am very happy that your stay during the New Year period would be nice.
I hope to see you again because there are still many things to discover in Rome!
Thanks again for your words,
Salvador, BA
Reviewed 25 October 2013

If you are looking for a quiet, very good located, charming, cozy and friendly place to stay at Rome, this is the perfect option for you. Marco is a lovely open-minded host that is almost all the time supporting his guests with informations and tips about the city. Our stay at Rome wouldn't be the same without it! Thanks Marco, thanks Rome!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
marco628, Proprietario at Vecchia Roma Resort, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Hello Gabriel and Marcelo, I'm really excited of your words.
You were the guests really nice and I hope to see you again in Rome or maybe even near you!
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Amazing little bed and breakfast in Rome only 8 to 10 minute walk to the colosseum. Great location for exploring Rome and all its amazing sites!

Marco the host is so friendly and accommodating making it a wonderful stay in a quite but central location! His B&B is spotless with big rooms and private bathrooms. I would recommend this B&B for anyone who doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg on a hotel in Rome but that still wants to be central!

Thank you Marco!!! We had an excellent stay and loved all your recommendations!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elysemurdoch
marco628, Proprietario at Vecchia Roma Resort, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thanks Elyse!
I am very happy that your stay, though short, it was a good stay.
You are really nice people and I hope that sooner or later be able to return to Rome for a longer stay.
In the meantime, I will continue to look for new places for you to visit and interesting things to see!
Glasgow
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We chose the Vecchia Roma Resort for our 4 night stay in Rome based on previous trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. The location was ideal and Marco was the perfect host offering advice not only on where to visit but also where to eat. From the Vecchia Roma we walked to all of major sights during our 3 day stay and Marco gave us some good tips regarding purchasing tickets for the Colosseum etc. It is in a quiet residential area and was only a 10 minute walk from the Da Bucatino, one of the restaurants that Marco recommended (which incidentally was one I had already earmarked based on trip advisor reviews). The breakfast was very tasty and set us up for the day's sightseeing. Thank you Marco for looking after is during our stay and for all the good advice. I had hoped to fit in a massage during our stay but unfortunately there wasn't enough time. Good luck for the future and hopefully we will be able to return again and sample your son's cooking!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shar0n
marco628, Proprietario at Vecchia Roma Resort, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
You were the guests incredible!
You will be in my memory for being the first guests Anglo-Saxons, who in just four days, you are "naturalized" ..... TESTACCINI!
I wait for you with more time for a shiatsu treatment and a nice lunch prepared by ..... my son!
thanks
Sulaymaniyah, Iraq
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Outstanding service. Excellent location, a wonderful base from which to explore Rome. I was given a bedroom, living room and kitchen, which I didn't use. Marco is extremely polite, very pleasant and helpful, he sat with me and planned my Rome trip. Supermarket is close by. I would definitely come back again. Thank you very much Marco.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Azmar68
marco628, Proprietario at Vecchia Roma Resort, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Although Canada is not just around the corner, I hope you can come back to spend a few more days in Rome.
It 'nice to know that you have returned to your home with good memories of your holidays.