Vecchia Roma Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$222
US$625
US$414
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
US$273
  • Bar/Lounge
US$877
US$486
  • Restaurant
All reviewscircus maximusbed and breakfastvery comfortable roomcolosseum and forumminutes walkingaround the cornermarcometrotrapsattractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Quaint and quiet B&B within 5min walk to Metro, Circo Massimo. Marco gave us a great intro and mapped out some walking tour routes in Rome for us as well as a couple good locations for Gelato, pasta, pizza, etc...For the price, I would stay againa dn recommend my friends and family to do the same.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
marco628, Proprietario at Vecchia Roma Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you guys!
The weather was really short and many things to see .....!
I have already prepared new routes and alternative for your next visit.
I hope I'll see you soon,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We booked this B&B based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and weren't disappointed. The rooms were clean and quiet with good AC, and the location was convenient to the Circo Massimo metro stop. As everyone noted, Marco is a great host (thanks, Marco!), and we really enjoyed being in a more suburban area and seeing where real locals live. Breakfast was yummy too. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
marco628, Proprietario at Vecchia Roma Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

have an incentive to improve every day.
but thanks even more for the pleasant chats over breakfast!
We look back with the sun and the parrots of the 'Aventine.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Convenient location - very close to Circo Massimo metro station and the bus stop for the Appian Way. Also 10-15 minute walk from Aventine Hill and the Colleseum. We found the distance from here to Trastevere walkable for each evening meal. It was in a very safe and quiet neighbourhood (but not too far from the hustle and bustle)!

Accommodation was very secure and comfortable. Very clean and quiet too - had a weeks worth of perfect sleeps!

Marco was a veritable mine of knowledge with lots of hints and tips to save time and cash and generally make the visit more of knowledge!

Breakfasts were different each day and all very tasty! We stayed over Easter so got an extra special authentic Italian breakfast on the Sunday. Astoundingly good coffee.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurasaurus_k

You have come during the Easter season, and I am very happy that you were able to enjoy a very special breakfast for us Romans!
I am also glad of your good sleep!
The next time I have prepared for you new tour!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Thank you Marco, you were an amazing host. The location is fantastic, the breakfast so beautiful, you should be a chef, you gave us a real taste of Rome delicious. We felt safe at all times, slept beautifully as the beds was comfortable and the neighbour hood so peaceful. Very close to all attractions and Marco arranged an airport pickup from Rome airport. Nothing was a problem for Marco to help make our stay great. Thank you again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am very happy that your stay was enjoyable.
I really appreciate when I find my guests of "foodies."
You are a delightful couple, and it was a pleasure to have you as guests.
I hope to see you again, maybe in your land!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The location of Vecchia Roma Resort is great. We are a family (3 members) from Taiwan. We arrived in Roma Termini at about 2:00 in the afternoon. We arrived in Vecchia Roma Resort by metro. At 4:00, we already enter Colosseo to start our Italy trip. Marco is a very nice and friendly. He speaks English and gave us a lot of trip information. Do ask Marco about the secret tip to avoid the long line of Colosseo. The resort is also very close to "Bucca della Verita". At 7:00, Marco prepared nice breakfast for us. I have to say his espresso is the best coffee I had during the two-week trip in Italy. It is a pity that I did not learn the magic trick moka pot from him. He taught us how to prepare a traditional Roma breakfast with Scamorza and ham. It was delicious and we tried to cook by my self when we were able to use kitchen in Venice and Milan.
This price provided by Marco is also reasonable.Best value! Recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TomTom1050
marco628, Proprietario at Vecchia Roma Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Three days were perhaps a few too!
I am very glad that despite the short time, you all had a good stay at the Vecchia Roma Resort.
A nice greeting to your son, I hope he has kept the little puppet with a thousand eyes!