“Nightmare”

Ranked #1,139 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Nightmare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

First I would like to say that the staff were very helpful under trying circumstances. Even the cleaner went out of her way to calm me down,
However their management leaves much to be desired. Towards the end of 2012, I reserved a room from May 19 for 3 nights. In January this year I had to change my itinerary and wanted to to arrive a day earlier on May 18 still for 3 nights. I sent half a dozen emails over 2 weeks with no reply. Finally I rang (all the way from New Zealand) and on the 2nd call, spoke to some person who told me there were internet problems but the change was ok. On arrival on May 18, after a flight from Dubrovnik, I discovered they still expected me the next day and had no vacancies and there would be no vacancies in nearby hotels. For a horribel few momens t I thought i would be spending the night in the nearby Train station. However, realising I had booked months before, the night manageress put me up in her room. She showed me her shower but I did not use it and felt generally very uncomfortable with the whole situation. I finally got into a very tiny and old room the next night.
The location is good, but there are rooms in different buildings and on different floors which is confusing. On calling from reception in can take 10 minutes for someone to arrive from another building. Breakfast is a voucher to be used in a very small coffee shop around the corner and only includes a croissant and coffee. I paid extra for a juice.
The free wifi went down one night. It was ok the other times but not available during the night and morning I was in the manageress' flat.

I would never book there again and advise people to be very sure of their dates if they do book.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Brian R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Spokane, Washington, Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We spent 3 weeks in Italy and stayed here our last night before flying out because it was next to the train station. Really, if you can afford 20 more euros, choose anywhere else. The room was so incredibly small, the sheets were rough, the beds were too short, the noise at night was unbelievably loud, the air conditioner left yucky wet dirt mold down the wall, and the building it was in had graffiti on the walls, and cigarettes and garbage in the halls and on the steps.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JMom_13

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

For the price, this was a nice, tidy and well located hotel. The staff were very friendly and helped us get around Rome. The room is very small but if you're in Rome you shouldn't be spending any time in the room apart from sleeping! Breakfast was downstairs in a cafe and was just a coffee and pastry so don't expect a full American buffet! Room was cleaned daily and quick wifi was a nice bonus. Will recommend to friends.

1 Thank PaulNBeckTravel
Rome
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

When first arriving at the Roma Termini, I was concerned because the building with my hotel was under some construction. However, the always helpful concierge brought me around the corner to another part of their hotel called the Evergreen. This building is across from the local police, on a quiet street (my room faced the courtyard), very clean if small, had a refrigerator, safe, tv, laptop (tempermental) with free wifi and a very firm double bed with ample storage. In short, a great location and a great nights sleep seconds away from all the public transportation. Breakfast was from a little bar across the street. Since the Italian breakfast is so small, I ate some of breakfast food in my room too. There was an elevator but it is situated on the half floor so when first arriving you need to bring your suitcase up a half flight of stairs to the lift (small but clean) and then down half a flight to the right floor. When I arrived the concierge carried my bag for me so it was excellent. There was also a phone that connected our site with the main hotel where he is situated. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Angela B
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

stay here with my family for 2 days and 3 nights. great staffs and good accommodations and with wi-fi access. if your looking for a cheaper rate rooms, good service and clean rooms this is a place to stay. two thumbs up hotel viennese!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Mia D
makati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

me with my friends stay here for 3 nights. the hotel was near the termini, great and welcoming staff. thou the room was a bit small, we only stay at our room to rest and sleep. we will definitily stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends