“Really nice place. Theresa from Manchester.”
Review of Hotel Viennese

Hotel Viennese
Ranked #1,131 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 27 February 2014

First of all, I don't get all of these fuss pots that complain about this hotel. If they want five star they should expect to pay five star prices!
Placed right across from Termini Station, the location is ideal. The rooms are spotless, and the staff are friendly and very helpful. The beds are comfortable. Yes there is some noise early hours, but that is because people are checking in. Hours of check in and out are flexible you see, which is great. There may be a slight smell coming from street, but that's not hotels fault. I did not get the smell from hotel personally, I thought hotel smelled lovely and fresh. There were five of us, me, mother sisters and teen niece and we thought there was enough room. Mr Bruno is a lovely man and full of helpful information. He also recommended really nice place to eat, Mino's, which is just round the corner. Steak was really nice. Breakfast is a roll and coffee in cafe downstairs, it would be nice if lads that worked there did not look so miserable. I would, or rather will stay there again. Real value for money. Had great nights sleep.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Theresa D
There are newer reviews for Hotel Viennese

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We were 5 friends staying in this hotel for 3 nights. We chose it mainly because of the location as we were arriving late and it is really close to Termini station and because it was cheap.

We were welcomed by Bruno, really nice guy who took us to "apartment" lets say hostel room like 200 m far from original address. The room was basically a room for 2 people, with additional bunk bed and extra bed with not much extra space. The towels were changed each day and room was cleaned as well, I was surprised in positive way as I didnt expect such a good service in only one star hotel. We had there flat screen TV and laptop with internet connection, wifi as well. The bathroom was clean, but the shower didn´t work properly - biggest disadvantage.

We got something like coupon for breakfast in small cafe like 50 m far from our room. We could chose there coffee and something sweet (croissant etc). If breakfast is your main dish, you could be dissapointed.

If you are planning to pay with card (we booked the room via booking.com) you will be charged extra fee - 5 € per each 100 € paid - this was a surprising information for us, as normally you are not charged paying with credit card and I personally don´t like to carry with me big amounts of cash. Does it work like this in Italy? Or why we were asked to pay extra for paying with credit card? I had no idea.

If you decide to stay here I would recommend you to eat in Sapori Di Casa, which is really close.

Shortly said if you are looking for cheap accomodation with good location (good in meaning close to station and to center by metro, not in secure way) and you want just to sleep somewhere, this is good idea, but don´t have too big expectations. I would recommend it for budget and lowcost travellers.

2 stars instead of 3 cos of the broken shower and unexpected additional fees, as I consider these two things really important.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank roriesvk
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Reading a lot of the reviews on here it makes me think people have set their expectations pretty high. You are going to get what you paid for. Me and my group of friends were looking for something above a hostel but not as fancy as a hotel. This fit our needs perfectly. The rooms are not large but the beds were comfortable enough and they had free wifi. We spent very little time in the hotel other than for sleeping. We didn't come to Rome to sit in the hotel. The management was very friendly and very accomodating. It met our needs and our expectations.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Matthew L
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The place is a dump, the room was dirty and one could not open the window for the terrible odor from below ,the pillows did not have a proper covers ,they where just disgusting !! The bed was pushed to one side and if your partner wanted to use the bathroom ,one had to jump over ! No easy task. The breakfast one can not comment ,just terrible. One last comment it certainly did not look like the pictures , pictures LIE! Never go there !! It's a dump !

Room Tip: Never go to this place !
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Helen S
Reviewed 13 July 2013

First I would like to say that the staff were very helpful under trying circumstances. Even the cleaner went out of her way to calm me down,
However their management leaves much to be desired. Towards the end of 2012, I reserved a room from May 19 for 3 nights. In January this year I had to change my itinerary and wanted to to arrive a day earlier on May 18 still for 3 nights. I sent half a dozen emails over 2 weeks with no reply. Finally I rang (all the way from New Zealand) and on the 2nd call, spoke to some person who told me there were internet problems but the change was ok. On arrival on May 18, after a flight from Dubrovnik, I discovered they still expected me the next day and had no vacancies and there would be no vacancies in nearby hotels. For a horribel few momens t I thought i would be spending the night in the nearby Train station. However, realising I had booked months before, the night manageress put me up in her room. She showed me her shower but I did not use it and felt generally very uncomfortable with the whole situation. I finally got into a very tiny and old room the next night.
The location is good, but there are rooms in different buildings and on different floors which is confusing. On calling from reception in can take 10 minutes for someone to arrive from another building. Breakfast is a voucher to be used in a very small coffee shop around the corner and only includes a croissant and coffee. I paid extra for a juice.
The free wifi went down one night. It was ok the other times but not available during the night and morning I was in the manageress' flat.

I would never book there again and advise people to be very sure of their dates if they do book.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We spent 3 weeks in Italy and stayed here our last night before flying out because it was next to the train station. Really, if you can afford 20 more euros, choose anywhere else. The room was so incredibly small, the sheets were rough, the beds were too short, the noise at night was unbelievably loud, the air conditioner left yucky wet dirt mold down the wall, and the building it was in had graffiti on the walls, and cigarettes and garbage in the halls and on the steps.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JMom_13
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

For the price, this was a nice, tidy and well located hotel. The staff were very friendly and helped us get around Rome. The room is very small but if you're in Rome you shouldn't be spending any time in the room apart from sleeping! Breakfast was downstairs in a cafe and was just a coffee and pastry so don't expect a full American buffet! Room was cleaned daily and quick wifi was a nice bonus. Will recommend to friends.

1  Thank PaulNBeckTravel