“Perfect location for stopover stays”
Review of Sara's Rooms

Sara's Rooms
Ranked #2,367 of 3,643 Rome B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect location for stopover stays”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed at Sara's rooms twice, one night on our way into Italy and one night on our way out. The walk from Trastevere station (which is on the airport train line) was quick and easy, even with luggage.
Sara herself and her two colleagues (I'm sorry I can't remember their names!) were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and neat and it was no hardship to share a bathroom with only 3 rooms. The kitchen breakfast offerings were plenty sufficient for a quick brekkie.
We walked into the more central parts of Rome very easily and into the very heart of buzzy and beautiful Trastevere for dinner - but there is also the tram that stops right outside the door (you can buy tickets from a machine on board if you have coin change).
We would have no hesitation in staying here again, it was great value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kimjackson

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 10 August 2013

It's just a perfect lovely place. But I keep that a secret. Sara is a true hostess, the place is the former house of the parents of her husband. It's close to the train to the airport, close to an easy tram to the centre, but also close to a superior sunday morning market.
The rooms are all right (we booked an extra night, and slept in two different double rooms), and the kitchen is filled with all you need.
It felt like leaving home instead of going home when we left.
So we intend to be back home soon. :-)

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pual M
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I can safely say Le Stanze di Sara Bed & Breakfast is a great stay. Hand's down, it's among my favorites in terms of places I've stayed while traveling this past year. The B&B is easy to reach from Fiumicino, and it's just a quick tram ride from some of Rome's most famous sites, including the Roman Forum and the Coliseum. Anyways, the rooms are smartly decorated and very comfy. As soon as you step in, it's like coming back home, which can be a great feeling after a long trip. There's also a nice kitchen, and free drinks and snacks are included with the stay. Also, the owner, Sara, is incredibly patient and helpful. Her English is perfect, too, so you don't have to worry about any communication problems. One thing I really appreciated was that the rooms were equipped with balconies. It was nice to relax outside (even if it was a little chilly when I was visiting). Anyways, all around, this is a great stay, and I'm totally comfortable recommending this place to anyone who plans on visiting Rome and wants to stay in the Trastevere area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank akramarczuk
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I stayed at this charming, spacious, convenient to everything place for two nights, 4/9-4/10
Sara is the hostess, she's the most helpful friendly charming lady I have had as a hostess.

I've traveled a lot in different countries and places, so I know how important it is the host to a strained tourist who don't speak the language and who want to enjoy the best the visiting city has to offer.

this was exactly what happened. The apartment located in a very convenient neighbourhood,
close to everything, 20 minutes to Rome's center, coliseum, lot of bus and trams. The breakfast was really nice, and she even treated us absolutely amazing gelati, ice scream!!

it's very safe, the room is very specious, clean. Sara the hostess also let you use her computer, internet, help me to print maps, reserve restaurants, a super fantastic beautiful pizzaria nearby, you wouldn't believe it, 10 bucks for most dishes, but the place look worth five times more.

Sara went out of her way to help us, I happened to leave my iPad in a small town near Siena, the horror came when I found the next day in Rome that it's not in my backpack, she eventually helped me to get it delivered to her apartment, she made a lot of phone calls which costed a fortune without even asking me to pay her back beforehand (I did though).

She is not running the place only for business, but for friendship, she has a passion for helping the tourists enjoy her country, her great City, Rome.

She definitely did it!!

I would recommend it to everyone who visits Rome without any hesitation.

I will stay at her place whenever I visit Rome, and I can't wait to visit again!

you will need to reserve early, or like us, we wanted to stay 4 nights but only got 2.

have fun! enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Levin L
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Sara's Rooms are in the center of the city. A train stops in front and in 10 minutes you are at your first Roman ruin. There are 4 bedrooms in the flat, 2 have their own private bathrooms and 2 share 1 bathroom. That means at the most you'll share the bathroom with only one other person or couple. Also there is a balcony which we used frequently to have our morning coffee and our evening wine. Sara is a wonderful person and every morning she brings you some freshly bake bread or pastries which on every other day she bakes! There is so much food there we guiltily packed a lunch every day and saved a tonne of money. Rome is expensive! It is a very clean place, and the pictures very accurately reflect what it looks like. A maid comes every day. She cleans, makes your bed and replaces the towels.

There is wifi, and also a computer and a phone at your disposal (if you didn't bring your own). Sara gives you tips and advice on what to see and where to go in Rome. She took us to have the BEST gelato in Italy and authentic Roman cuisine. We had so much trouble finding these as tourists. You really have to get to know someone locally to find authentic Italian food. She recommended a great restaurant that was so Italian no one there spoke English. Fortunately I had a dictionary on me and we were able to ask for the bill. She also showed us around a couple of times with some great views of the city.

This is a real gem of a find. I wouldn't recommend staying anywhere else in Rome. In my opinion it is so cheap now because it is new. It's bound to be more popular and expensive later on.

Room Tip: Find someone who wants to show you around. Getting to know locals is very important in understanding...