“Excellent!!!! ”

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Food was amazing and priced just right. We got pizza and pasta and felt like we were eating heaven! Staff and owners were extremely friendly. Definitely try the carbonara sauce!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,291)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had read prior to going to Italy, not to eat near the Vatican and this restaurant proved that tip to be right. I knew we should have looked for something down the block but with 2 complaining kids and sore feet after the long tour thru the Vatican, we just couldn't bear to take another step.

The Good- The location to the Vatican can't be beat. It's about a 1/2 a block down and across the street after you exit. When you exit and look to the right (I think it's the right), you can just about see the green awning. It is nicely air conditioned. So, if you go when it's hot like during our visit, it's a welcome relief (and real air condition not like some of the other smaller restaurants). It's very clean and spacious. And bonus- you don't have to pay to use the bathroom.

The bad- it's waaaay over priced. We are a family of 4 and we averaged 40-45 euros per meal (14 day trip). Here, our meal came to 64 euros. And believe me, we didn't order anything special. And here's fair warning, if you ask for something that they don't put in front of you on their own, you WILL be charged for it. We asked for bread, EXTRA, we asked for refill on bread, EXTRA. I was even charged for the refill on the ice tea that they poured from a pitcher.

Mediocre food- I would love to say that at least the food was good. Nope. I'd say, adequate, nothing special. We had way better at the smaller restaurants.

Discourteous service- there was a man outside the restaurant trying to get customers to go inside (which is pretty standard in Italy). He was so nice. But once inside, a completely different story. I wouldn't go so far as to say rude, but it seemed as if we were annoying them with our requests.

My tip- don't make our mistake, plan for the long Vatican visit and leave with plenty of time to walk a little further and find a small restaurant where you will enjoy your Italian vacation. Stay away from this place!

4  Thank Shirell M
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The lady boss was very welcoming and the restaurant had a good service! Provided us with good food and served extra servings of ham, salami and desert alcohol on the house. Overall excellent!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I went here with a month in advance reservation for 40 hungry students and they did a decent job in having everything ready. It's a great option if you are coming straight out from the Museum, because it's just so close to the exit of the Museum. The food is average, but not disappointing.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

If you like to eat good and want to be served as a VIP person, this is just the place to be. definitely recommended.

Been to Ristorante dei Musei? Share your experiences!