“-”

Sweet Home Colosseum
Ranked #134 of 1,091 Speciality Lodging in Rome

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice, clean and good located place to stay in Rome. Kitchen with equipment available for use all the time, close to supermarket and few nice restaurants.
Area is cosy and safe even in the late evening.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bussum, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed two nights at this B&B. It was in a great location, few minutes walking from the Colosseum, metro and train station. The room was very clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you call to let them know what time you are arriving. Also there is no big B&B sign ou...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is was a big surprise... I booked a room for 1 night at the last minute and at a very cheap rate so I went in with very little expectations. However, by the time I had checked out my expectations were exceeded in every way and I decided I will come back next time I'm in town.

Location: Great location... there are a few interesting cafes within walking distance and there is great connection to all the sites in Rome/Vatican via bus or Metro. It is also close to the Colosseum which is a nother huge plus

Rooms: Although from the outside I was apprehensive once you step into the apartment you'll be surprised. The B&B is newly renovated and the rooms were modern, clean and comfortable.

Service: Nicolo was amazingly friendly and helpful. So was the lady serving breakfast in the morning. I wanted to print out my boarding pass and they helped me install their printer to my laptop to print it out

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were quite happy with our Sweet Home in Rome. It is a convenient location, walking distance to many of the top sites and within a few blocks of stops for either of the 2 metro lines. We coordinated our arrival via text message to arrange for key pickup - all went according to plan. Print a map of the area to help you find it - there is no sign, just a label on the door buzzer for the building. Access is thru the door and via the elevators on the right side.
The room is basic - not too much room for storing clothes. Wi-Fi was OK, but worked much better in the lobby area. Bathroom was fine - good hot water, decent shower pressure. Bed was comfy. The beds were made daily. Breakfast was croissants and coffee (cappucino, americano, etc.) and limited selection of cereals, yogurts and fruit drinks.
We really liked the location - it's a busy area, but relatively quiet street. Our room looked out over Via Angelo Poliziano, but we had no problems with noise.
If you stay here, make sure to have dinner at the caffe below ("Bar Rivas") - the charismatic owner, Salvatore, will take excellent care of you. He quickly tossed aside our menus and made suggestions from the specials of the day. Prosecco to start and digestivi were gratis. The final bill seemed quite a bargain to us. The food was tasty, but it was the warm and friendly staff that made this place stand out for us.
Overall - a great experience and we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This B&B is awesome It has all the features that a B&B should have.I stayed here for 4 nights and the service was amazing and about the location is close to the colosseum and the ancient monuments of Rome.

• Stayed August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I wish I'd stayed at Sweet Home Colosseum for longer than the one night I booked. An excellent small hostel which exceeded expectations in terms of design, customer service, cleanliness and spaciousness (who needs a hotel?).
Fara was a very friendly host who waited quite late in the night for me to arrive due to a delayed flight (thank you Fara!) and I was pleased with my double room which I had to myself with ensuite, tv and wireless Internet.
I would definitely recommend Sweet Home Colosseum to anyone visiting Rome as its close proximity to the centre of Rome and the historic sites makes it a convenient base. It was a little tricky to find at first (which may have been down to my tired state upon arrival) but it was well worth a little hunting!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo