“Cold creamy excellence”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Fortunately this gelateria was in my neighbourhood so I was able to visit it multiple times. Each time the product was excellent, and the service was friendly and helpful to a non-Italian speaker. Try the Cassata siciliana - ricotta gelato with dried fruit. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Gelateria Pasticceria Ornelli

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I went to Ornelli with my daugthter who didn't know what icecream to order. They were patient and let my daughter taste before ordering. After the great service , we experienced the best icecream we had in Rome. Delicious !!
I recommend Gelateria Ornelli to everybody !

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The most important thing at first. The ice cream was delicious! The service was excellent and very helpful and friendly! The modern look and feel of the gelateria is just perfect. Price is also fine and comparable with others in Rome or even cheaper! So have a look if you are around...

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great little restaurant and worth a vista among the Plethora of options. We ordered 2 dinners just because!! Be aware they do not take credit cards.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I got the croccante di fichi and found it to be less flavourful than I expected, with no particular flavour I could identify aside from a very mild fig taste...though I'm not familiar with it and maybe it's supposed to be that way. I also had a taste of the bacio, dark chocolate, and caffe espresso flavours, all of which were good. I did get physically pushed by several older ladies who seemed to be local, one of whom apparently felt the need to press her bosom into me the entire time I was being served in order to cut ahead of the woman behind me even though the shop wasn't full (she obviously knows what she's doing, because she succeeded). So if you subscribe to the theory that an endorsement by the locals means a place is good, this place is probably great, and maybe I should go back and just order whatever they're having.