“Oh My God”

Le Bistro
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Reviewed 30 April 2013

More than 6500 restaurants in Rome and we ended up here....
We should have been in another restaurant this sunday but they have closed. So without checking out the reviews at TA we find ourselves sitting here a early evening for something to eat.
SO.. Wine decent although expensive €25 for a Rosso Montalcino from a rather unknown producer. 2 Bruchettas with tomato - The garlic you have to imagine for your self. 3 smal pastas and a Vitello Tone. All overcooked and tasteless.
Staff told but it seems that they couldnt care or less. SO Check please and of we go. Tons of good places in Rome this was for sure not one of them :-(

1  Thank knudsenjan1
There are newer reviews for Le Bistro

Reviewed 25 April 2013

As a former instructor at the Culinary Institute of America in New York and a hospitality consultant in the U.S. and abroad, my wife and I chose this restaurant because of its convenient location to the Piazza di Spagna. What a mistake! When we asked for salt so that my wife could add some to her pasta alla gorgonzola, we had to wait about 10 minutes until literally she was finished with her dish. Meanwhile, the female servers were chit-chatting among themselves in full view of the diners. When I pointed this out to the manager, who was not at all overseeing the service, he had nothing to say about it. Shame on you Bistro Restaurant. This is not what service and hospitality are all about. It's not just about taking tourists' money and not caring about your guests!

1  Thank Eric W
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Our first night in Rome and we were exploring the area near the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain when the hunger bug bit. We ran across this little bistro on a relatively quiet side street and decided to give Roman cuisine a try. We sat outside, next to the rather narrow street. Service was rapid and pleasant. The house red was inexpensive and quite tasty. That was sort of the high point of the meal. I tried for onion soup, but they were out. I substituted the suggested 'pumpkin' soup instead. Odd taste. Pizza's all around were competent but not memorable. The biggest surprise of the night was how close the cars and trucks came to the chairback of individuals sitting with their backs to the road. A couple of times my hat and shirt flutttered in the breeze as trucks passed by emitting noxious fumes. Let's just say eating outside here here leaves a bit to be desired.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

The waitress at this place was snarly, rude, forgot our order and should not have ever been employed in the customer service industry. The food was equally as bad. We ordered a glass of wine and a water which took 15 minutes to arrive, and garlic bread for 6 euros. A single piece of burned toast with too much garlic arrived 20 minutes later. My daughters water had still not arrived and when we brought this up the waitress rolled her eyes and walked away. We cut our loses, left a 10 euro note and walked out. We would never go back even if starving.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

This is the first time I have felt strongly enough to review a restaurant. This is the worst Italian food we've had in Rome, (possibly even the worst anywhere ever.)

It was an expensive meal. We only had one drink each. The garlic bread starter was tiny and tasteless. The braesola was okay... But they only had to assemble it. There was no cooking involved. The mushroom pizza was covered in liquified mushroom, which was revolting. The waitress brought the wrong main pasta dish for my son, and what he was given was tasteless and dreadful in texture. One of our party found their pasta dish acceptable.

We sat inside and it was rather cramped with little space for the waitress, so we were constantly bumped at the table.

It is quite simply the worst meal we've had by far. I would advise you to avoid this restaurant.