“Breakfast special”

Description: Come una casa....vi aspettiamo dalle 8.30 alle 23.00
Brisbane Aust
“Breakfast special”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were staying just around the corner and ended up doing breakfast twice in 4 days here. The omelette with ham & cheese is a must. The French toast looked amazing but I don't have a sweet tooth so didn't trynthem

Visited June 2014

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Noy just a breakfast venue - outstanding dinner”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were taken to Coromandel twice by different friends who live in Rome. The first time we had a very pleasant afternoon tea there. The second time we ate dinner - and what a wonderful meal that was! I must admit I did not expect food of that level in this restaurant as the atmosphere is slightly quirky and casual. But all three of us who ate dinner, raved about our food which was both delicious and a cut above the average in sophistication. It was the kind of meal where we all wanted the others to try what we had chosen and ended up trying three different main dishes - Pork Fillet, Grilled Squid and Duck with Orange - all were fantastic. The entrees were also fabulous. Two of us delighted in the Beef Tartare with Celery Root and my partner raved about the Poached Parisi Egg with Asparagus and Crispy Bacon. These were clearly not traditional Italian fare - they compared well with contemporary food I have eaten anywhere in the world.

• Visited May 2014
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Pricey but nice”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Beautiful place, really nice breakfast, worth a visit. We had 2x cappuccino, fresh squeezed orange, scrambled eggs and bacon which came with toast. All that came to about 50euro, which I think is a bit expensive, but the ambiance itself was worth it

Chicago, Illinois
“Not sure what went wrong but not as expected”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I found this restaurant while searching online for good breakfast places in Rome and sure enough, it has breakfast... But that's where the disappointment started.

The service - I suspect our disappointment is mainly due to the service. The menu was small and many of the great looking dishes I saw online wasn't there. The waitress didn't bother to tell us if there were any specials and disappears a lot. In fact when we walked in there was no one in the dining area... We had to call into the kitchen for someone to come out.

The food - There weren't too many choice on the menu. We went for the savory things - an omelette and a croque madame. They were exactly what they sound like... Very plain and simple omelette and croque madame and seriously nothing special. We got what we ordered - but I expected a little more flair at a place people so raved about. I also tried their coffee with almond milk. That was actually pretty nice - I really enjoyed the almond milk, so sweet! Just wish they put more of it in the coffee.

The restaurant - It is really beautifully decorated and kept really clean. They also had some baked goods left out on the table and looked quite enticing. A really charming place.

Overall - I know I will lose all credibility for saying this, but we honestly thought we got better value and better flavors when we grabbed a simple Sausage Mcmuffin the day before. However, because people gave them such good reviews, I am not opposed to going back to checking it out for lunch or something.... Hopefully with better service and someone who will tell us about the specials.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excelent Breakfast”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I love to go to the "so-called" best breakfast places when visiting a city.
Coromandel is definitely one of the best I ever been.
The decoration is fantastic, great atmosphere, lots of options from breads, cakes to delicious omelettes.
The service is amazing, it is a place to remember.
Highly recommended.