“Everything was great”

Navona Colors Hotel
Ranked #83 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Our final stay in Italy was Rome during our European trip in Jan/Feb 2014. Everything was great, including:
- The hotel staff were so nice, and eager to help out whenever possible;
- Beds were great which is always important for me;
- The room itself had everything we needed, including shower products, a mini fridge, a coffee maker, a luggage chair for my massive suitcase, and a great bathroom (except the basin area was small, we had trouble fitting our beauty products on it--but that was not a big deal);
- The coffee was absolutely excellent. I am a big coffee drinker (I like it bitter and fairly strong)--This coffee was amazing;
- It was about a kilometre walk to St. Peter's Basilica!

Our only minor complaint was the breakfast. Italy tends to sweeten most breads. All the croissants were glazed which wasn't my cup of tea as I am not a sweet eater. There were also lots of cakes. No eggs, no hot food at all really. However, I was grateful for the coffee, juice, lump-free yoghurt and the toast.

Despite the breakfast, I still give this hotel 5 stars. It's such great value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clare A

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed four nights in the Excel Navona. Staff were really pleasant and helpful. Room was a good size, beds really comfortable.Spotlessly clean, bathrooms spectacular. A very good hotel in Rome best I have stayed in and I've been to Rome over a dozen times. I highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EMcCy
Reviewed 21 February 2014

everything in this hotel are excellent, perfect location within 15 min walk of everything. the most helpful staff, great decorations and very clean rooms, excellent breakfast, amazing coffee. definitely the most ideal hotel to stay when you visit Rome. I will always stay here when I come at rome.

even the most difficult customer will not find anything bad to complain about

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Approx 2mins walk to Piazza Navona, 5 to Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, etc so that is a 10/10. Free buffet breakfast is excellent with the nicest croissants I have had in my visits to Italy. Room was lovely; extremely comfy bed and a top class shower. Staff were ever so helpful and they hold your bags if needed which was such a relief as our flight was at 855 that evening. Love Rome; have been a few times and I am delighted I've discovered this. Will be booking again in October. Excellent value/location etc

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Very nice and stylish Hotel in the centre of Rome. They have just a few rooms, modern furniture, modern style, quite and very clean place. Just a 2 minute walk to Piazza Navona, 5 minutes to Castel Sant’Angelo.

Room Tip: We had a small room with windows to the side. Very quiet, just a little bit dark because of the next...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Schenniver
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Very good location to explore Old Rome. 5 minutes to Piazza Navona, 10 minutes to St Angelo and Spanish Steps, 15 minutes to Vatican.

Our room was on the second floor. Enough space for everything, very nice bathroom. Breakfast was included in the price, it was simple but kept us going till late lunch. Tea, coffee is provided in the room. No need to buy bottled water! Tap water in Rome is very good and 100% safe to drink.

Quiet street at the same time close to "action". Also, many cool small shops on streets around the hotel, from wine and food to arts and clothes. Few small take-away places as well.

There is no restaurant in the hotel. There are plenty outside! :)

Free Wi-Fi and worked fine.

Closest metro in ~10-15 minutes walk.

I would come back here for sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I highly recommend this little hotel. The location is superb for anyone who want's to walk the old city centre. We had the top floor room which greatly exceeded expectation for a central city hotel. It was spacious (more like a suite), clean and stylish. The Nespresso machine in the room and Wifi that works are first class touches.
Breakfast was generous and of good quality. Coffee is self-service. Service is low key but efficient and yet when we needed assistance with our flight bookings, the desk staff couldn't have been more helpful – thank you.

Room Tip: Get the top floor – it has a terrace.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple