“Rome Tour”

Max Leotta Private Day Tours
Ranked #29 of 64 Classes & Workshops in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome from Max Leotta, my brother Fabio and our partners Paolo, Roberto and Fabrizio. We'll show you Rome and you'll enjoy spending a day as a Roman, visiting the most important and secret sites on a walking tour or by golf cart. Rome is more than just the Colosseum and the Vatican, there are a lot of other interesting places that we'll enjoy help you discover. Tour with us the piazzas and fountains stopping for gelato or a nice lunch. We hope to see you soon! Ciao from Rome! Max Leotta
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Max is an excellent guide. This is the second time we have used him. He is very knowledgeable in all aspects of Rome including art and the Vatican. He also knows the best times to go to each place in order to avoid the biggest crowds. He pays attention to what his clients want and provides it to them.

2  Thank NatalieC718

Reviewed 27 May 2013

My husband and I had booked a walking tour whilst in Rome and my mother who was travelling with us did not wish to attend, not being able to walk long distances due to having a bad hip. I was looking for a different tour alternative for her whilst we were on our walking tour. I came across Max by recommendation from another wonderful tour guide in Rome and could not have been happier with the result. Max correspondeded immediately to any question via email in the lead up to our trip. He wanted to decide the itinerary with my mother on the day according to her preferences. He arrived at our apartment near Piazza Navona with his electronic golf buggy and off they went for four hours. He designed a great itinerary for my mother taking in major sites for excellent photo opportunities (e.g. St Peters, Colesseum) but also some of the smaller and less known places. He also took her to some wonderful churches that she would not have seen on her own, along with the beautiful orange garden, set on one of Rome's most idyllic hills, the Aventine. This view from this lovely spot, where the Romans come to relax is beautiful, with the Tiber, Trastevere and St Peters laid out in front of you. One of the photos I've included in this review is of the beautiful San Marco church, one of the smaller but no less beautiful churches in Rome that Max too my mother to on his individually designed itinerary. Max's golf buggy tour is absolutely fantastic if you want a really personalized experience, especially if you have someone in your group that is mobility impaired, or you just want to rest your feet for half a day. The little golf buggy fits into narrow streets that tour buses can't and you can cover a lot of ground in Rome. The cost of the four hours with Max on the buggy was no more than the going rate for any tour guide in Rome. He also operates on a wonderful system of trust by booking the date in advance by email and you pay him on the day. Max is highly personable with excellent spoken English language skills. He knows many of the cafes and restaurants and will stop at great places for a real local experience. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Belgo96
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We just came back from our cruise, which stopped in Rome, and cannot stop raving about our tour with Max. I had sent emails to him before we left, so he knew that we wanted to see some of the well-known sites, but we also wanted to experience Rome in a non-touristy way. He did just that.

We saw the Trevi Fountain, Wedding Cake, St. Peter’s Square, the Forum, and stopped for a picture of the Colisseum. All which was wonderful, but it was the side street walks, churches, local market, stops for lunch, capocchinos, and gelatos…(places where no tourist was) along with his love of his city that made the tour.

It wasn’t as if he was a tour guide. It was as if we were friends that were visiting him in his hometown for the first time.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Max was an outstanding guide. Very good at pointing out items of interest and explaining the site, not just showing it to you. Did a half day tour of each site and would recommend Max highly. Made our visit to Rome a very special trip.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

We hired Max for three hours and he spent more than four with us guiding us around Rome and making sure that we knew how to get back to our train. He is fun, full of knowledge, and has excellent English skills. He also saved us from pickpockets. I am recommending his service to a friend who will be going to Rome next spring. He responds promptly to email communication in arranging the service, and was quite willing to provide other helpful information prior to the trip.