“Mamma Mia Marco!”

Grange South Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Mamma Mia Marco!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The expression "Mamma Mia" is a descriptive in Italian for something exceptional - and that's the perfect description of Marco's Day Tour of Rome.
We were a party of three in Rome in late October on a tight schedule and we wanted to see the highlights of Rome and capture it's history without wasting time. Marco's Day Tour of Rome gave us the perfect experience.
We were picked up from our hotel on time by our driver Constantino and driven to the Vatican City where we met up with Marco for what was to be the most informative, passionate and entertaining 2 hour tour of the Holy City. Marco is a real showman from his red sneakers to his humorous persona he takes you on a journey through history delivering historical facts of the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica and the magnificent works of Michelangelo with real passion.
From the Vatican city we joined Higit and Constantino for a tour of the Colosseum, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and few other attractions along the way. In between we stopped for a great lunch at a café specialising in fresh salads which were delicious!
Higit's historical knowledge was exceptional and Constantino provided the comedy relief along the way. Both were very accommodating with all our wishes making special stops to take photos.
Thank you Marco and your fantastic team for making our trip to Rome that little bit more memorable.
This was one of the best value for money guided tours I have been on in Europe - and I have been on many. I would not hesitate recommending this tour to any one visiting Rome.
Mamma Mia Marco what more can I say!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Joe P

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Everything you could ask for!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Marco and his team were the consummate professionals for our 2 day tour of Rome. Prompt pick ups, new vehicles, VIP parking, avoiding all the lines; Marco provided it all. We had a group of seven personalities that would be a challenge for anybody to keep in check and Marco was awesome. Kept us on task despite some tight schedules. Our driver Constantine was awesome and we definitely need to acknowledge his contribution. Marco's enthusiasm and knowledge was just what these 1st time visitors to Rome needed. Make sure you get Marco to fire up the Music Videos in the Mercedes van. Live Queen or AC /DC anyone? Don't let Marco fail to show off his DJ skills! If you're looking for private tours in Italy really no other choice. Thanks again Marco!

Visited October 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“A+ tour guide!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure of having Marco serve as our tour guide for two days in Rome. He was very friendly and accommodating.

I was traveling with my family ranging from ages 70+ to a 9 year old. There were varying needs for walking, etc and he he did a great job of intuitively understanding when he needed to alter things to keep everyone happy.

He is a father of seven and needless to say, did a great job with our daughter.

As a fellow business owner and someone who works in his business in addition to managing it, I understand the demands of playing both roles and he did a great job of balancing his managerial duties with focusing on us.

I would not hesitate in recommending him to anyone and will certainly use his services for future visits to Italy.

Indiana, Pennsylvania
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“GET A NIGHT TIME VIEW OF THE CITY”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Our Tauck Tour Guide recommended the "Rome by Night" tour. This approximately 2 hour tour of Rome at night to many of the cities historic sites , without the massive crowds you have during the day. Our driver gave us ample time to take night time photo's at the various stops.

Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing! A+”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband and I travelled to Rome for our honeymoon and took Marco's 1 day tour of the VATICAN and COLLISEUM.

ABOUT MARCO> He was an absolute treat to spend the day with. He is very knowledgable about the history and makeup of the treasured places in Rome and there was no shortage of insight and detail he gave to us while on our tour. He is a wealth of information, and thats really why you go with someone like him...while you can take the tour on your own you miss the comprehensive experience Marco provides. (Bonus: you skip all the lines with him as well which is amazing).

The fact that he was very friendly and FUNNY was the cherry on top. Both he and our driver Constantine were welcoming and went above and beyond to make our day the best it could be. This included lunch at a great non tourist spot, a couple coffee stops at great locations and he even went out of his way to find a priest to bless our rosaries. He took plenty of pictures of us throughout the day and seemed to genuinely care that we had the best day possible.

All in all going with Marco is well worth the $ and if your looking to get the most out of your Rome experience I highly recommend this guy.

Well done Marco, you made a friend out of both my husband and I.

Roseanne. Toronto, Canada.

Visited August 2013
MarcoRomeTours, Proprietario at Marco Rome Private Day Tours, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
You guys was amazing with me, and thanks God you enjoyed so much my sense of humor and a great day passed together through ruins and so much history, glad not to be boring and happy we shared so much laughs friendship. God bless you !!

Been to Marco Rome Private Day Tours? Share your experiences!