Relais Sistina
  • Bar/Lounge
US$952
US$468
  • Restaurant
All reviewsset of keysexecutive roomspanish stepstrevi fountainfirst floorbalcony overlookinggreat locationsight seeingvisit romerestaurants and barscentral locationenjoyed our stayroom was largemattressmetrobarberinimap
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have stayed in a dozen of hotels in Rome over the past few years but this has got to be the best. Relais Sistina is very much your own home in Rome! The modern artsy selective apartment has only a few rooms to rent so you need to book well in advance to secure a room as it's fully booked particularly during the high season. The hosts are simply awesome and super friendly. Max and Giorgio will hand you the keys of your room and of the building so you really feel like staying at home! The rooms are spacious, beautiful modern decor and lots of space. There is a small living room outside the rooms with lots of art items and plenty of free and healthy snacks. The apartment itself doesn't offer breakfast but they offer you free breakfast at an Italian bar next door ( croissant and juice). The location is undoubtedly the best, a few meters from top of the Spanish steps. This is the best place to stay while in Rome and you will definitely meet your neighbors in the apartment!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NadineKaddoura
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This must be a fairly new addition to the myriad options in Rome, because it was not in any of our guidebooks although we had the most recent editions. However, it is a MOST excellent place and a fabulous deal. Max and Giorgio - the hosts - run a small establishment with 5 rooms, which looks to be a made-over apartment flat. They offer all the most important necessities for a great stay abroad - a comfortable, clean, quiet space to sleep, rooms that are a generous size for European standards with private bath, free WiFi (a must for the current generation of travelers--it was a little slow sometimes but overall fine), a great location in a neighborhood that is quiet and pleasant with enough restaurants and shops around to feel lively, but not smack in the metro center with all the traffic and crowds, and about 100 m from one of the main metro lines. Moreover, they went out of their way to make the stay feel special and to make us feel welcomed - Giorgio spent about 20 minutes orienting us to the city and recommending various sites, restaurants, coffee bars, etc on a large map when we arrived. There are free snacks (small cookies, chocolates, biscuits, fruit), and plenty of free bottled water and tea available 24/7 that is replenished. There is a small living area and the decor is nice and tasteful. All in all, you end up feeling like you got a fabulous deal for an astoundingly reasonable price, but were NOT paying for amenities you may not need (such as a concierge desk staffed at regular hours, a fancy hotel lobby, a bellhop with an elevator, etc). If you need these things when you travel, you may want to reconsider; otherwise don't hesitate. Giorgio and Max are available by phone if needed, but they are not reliably on-site, so that may be the only small drawback to some. We did not find it a hardship at all. We will definitely stay here next time we visit Rome.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The place is perfect! We were a group of 6 and we used up 3 of the four rooms which are available! They were all great. All rooms are sparkling clean. The service great and the guys who own it are great as well!! helpful as ever!!!! We stayed for 1 night but i would definitely recommend to anyone to stay there even for more days. Will surely be back there with my next trip to Rome. Everything is within walking distance.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Max and Giorgio were the perfect host of this new hotel. This was our honeymoon and they upgraded us to a large room since it was available. We stayed in the amazing red and white room. The room was large, the layout and design of this room was modern. It was full of everything you would need - pastries, snacks, minibar drinks and it was all complimentary. They went above and beyond and bought us local pasta because we had mentioned that we were looking for a pasta shop to buy pasta to take back home. Most importantly, location was very IDEAL. it was literally 5 min walking distance from both spanish steps and trevi fountain. It is located on a very touristy area but you cannot hear the noise at all. Loved our stay and would stay again on our next visit. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I absolutely adore this place! It was the best hotel experience of my life and I would come back to this place in a heartbeat. Actually I tried to stay there for one night after I was done touring other parts of Italy but they were full.
The greatest part of this establishment is that it’s not a hotel, it a very cute 4 room flat with a cosy living room area. The flat is very modern, clean, and ..have I mentioned cosy. It’s feels like your home away from home, and takes away some of the anxiety that comes from travelling to new places. You will feel like you are actually living in Rome. It’s perfect for a group of friends who wish to travel together. My friends and I had booked two rooms for 4 nights in Rome. Both of the rooms where super clean, well sized (esp for Europe sizes) and had really good layouts. I often worry about the quality of the bathrooms so I just want to add a note in here that they were very clean (!) and modern like with an excellent shower and really nice fresh towels (not worn out like they are in some hotels). I also find with most hotels you can’t really trust the pictures they put up on their website but with this place what you see is what you get.
All rooms also come with free refreshments..which I didn’t think we would use but they really came in handy (Free bottlesss of water everywhere, fruits, pastries, chocolate (yes!) and coffee satchels) I am a late riser but I love to start my day with a coffee and a snack, and its always a mission getting ready in the morning on an empty stomach and going hunting for the perfect place to eat. So having access to coffee and a snack made me super happy.. for those who think I missed out on the “Italian Breakfast” experience…don’t worry I had no problem having 2 breakfasts :P
Relais Sistina is also very well located between the Spanish steps and Barberini square, and is considered as a part of the Via Veneto area. Via Veneto is the expensive side of town where all the large chain hotels and upscale restaurants are located. The hotel is not on that road but a 5 min walk south of it. You will find that hotel is perfectly positioned as a 5 min walk to the left of the hotel gets you to the top of the Spanish steps overlooking the heart of Romes shopping area (via condotti, Via del corso etc) and a 5 min walk to the right takes you to Barberini square which is where you will find the metro stop and the taxi stand. Walking down Barberini will also connect you to Via del corso the shopping street and trevi fountain.
It’s worth noting that despite being in such a central location, the hotel is in a quiet and safe area. Its not in the most happening part of town in terms of nightlife but it’s perfect base for daytime activities (I prefer that no drunks! Yay!).
Gorgio and Max the guys who run this place are amazingly helpful and very hands on so they will help point out the important parts of town and how to get there. They are a big reason to why I love this place so much. Gorgio literally spent hours telling me the best places to eat all over town and bought us our very own adapter because we didn’t have our own. Gorgio and Max are usually available for any questions or concerns during the morning. After which they leave but you can easily contact them if you need anything during the day. They also offer an airport pick up service which we found very helpful as we arrived late and were too tired to go searching for our hotel with luggage in hand. The pickup service charged us 45 Euros for 2 people with 4 luggages, which according to our Roman friend is a very good price.
The hospitality of both Gorgio and Max showed us was comparable to none. Staying at this hotel really made our experience in Rome. During our time in Italy we stayed in other establishments that did not even compare to our experience in Relais Sistina. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone. I cant say this enough times, but this place is really amazing and everyone going to Rome should stay here!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends