“Fantastic Location”

Ranked #666 of 3,752 Rome B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Fantastic Location”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We booked the Sweet House Cinzia as it was very close to the Termini Station . The street- Via Buonarroti , is in a lovely area , with a very nice park just across the road , and plenty of shops and restaurants within a very easy walking distance . Chandra , the Manager was waiting for us, and explained where everything was . Breakfast was taken in the room, but from an amazing selection of croissants, French toast, preserves, fruit , cereals - everything you could ask for really . We had a very well stocked fridge in the room - and much more than we could possibly eat . Chandra explained how easy it was to walk to the main tourist attractions, gave us a map, and marked all of the directions for us. He also kindly arranged accommodation for us on our return to Rome - it was a particularly busy weekend with lots of events - Rome Marathon, etc, - his own hotel was full, but rang other hotels until he managed to get us booked in .
I would not hesitate to recommend Sweet House Cinzia, and if we go back to Rome next year, we will certainly be staying there again .

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
10 Thank Suki45

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to Rome and we booked this B&B because of its location and very reasonable price compared to hotels in the area. The B&B is in a great position for walking to the Coloseeum which takes no more than 10 minutes and also only a short walk to the Terminal. There isn't anywhere you can't get to as literally just around the corner is the Metro station. The room it's self was great it was possibly on of the cleanest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. It had a nice comfy bed, good sofa rather large bathroom and a mini bar stocked daily with orange juice, milk, water and fresh fruit. There is also a coffee machine in the room and breakfast which consist of cereal, toast and jams and croissants. The owner was a great host when we arrived he met us and carried our bags to our room, showed us how everything worked coffee machine etc. He even offered us some slippers incase the floor was to cold. He gave us a map of Rome and circled all the main attractions and best ways of reaching them whether it be walking or getting the train or bus. We spent some time finding out where to go to eat and as luck has it the best restaurant in our opinion was on the same block maybe 100 meters away called Trattoria Vecchia Roma it's on the corner of Via Buonarroti and Via Ferruccio we had 2 great meals there out of 4 and neither meal cost more than €40 for 2 3 course meals, wine, coffee and liquor's.

When we go back to Rome we will defiantly be staying here again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
13 Thank Daniel E
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2013

This was my second time staying in Rome but the first time at this B&B. What a delight! The owner was waiting for me when I arrived, carried my suitcase to the lift and into my room. I had booked the single room but as he had a double available he placed me there. It was a great room - en suite bathroom and spotlessly clean.

He then showed me around the office showing me how to work the coffee machine and showed me where I could find water and milk for coffee should I want it. There is cutlery and things like bottle openers and can openers if you need them. There was a large selection of teas etc in my room and croissants and toast with jams and spreads for breakfast.

He then gave me a map of rome and pointed out the bus routes that would take me to places and also to showed me where was good to go as well as the main sites. I was told to make myself at home, come and go as I please and treat it as my home. He even asked me if i wanted slippers as it was cold.

A truly great place to stay and I will def be going back there again!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo