Sweet House Cinzia
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Sweet House comprises four rooms in a large and very imposing condo block in a street full of character in the centre of Rome. It’s reached by an ancient lift with creaks its way up to the fourth floor where the B&B is situated. I simply can’t fault it! I booked and paid for a single room but stayed in a double at no extra cost as one was vacant. It was immaculate. A vast comfortable bed, a modern bathroom, a tray of breakfast goodies and even an espresso machine! There’s free Wi-Fi in the room and use of the PC in the office if you wish to use it. Chandra who runs the place is a treasure! He gave me a map and marked all the places of interest and told me how to get to them. The Coliseum is a short stroll down the road and through a park. There is a Metro station a couple of minutes stroll away. To top it off there is an amazing restaurant just down the street called Vechia Roma. It’s easy to miss because it’s in a basement and there’s just a doorway and some steps visible from the street. You may need to book as it’s full every night. To put it simply – don’t shell out for an expensive hotel. This little place is perfect as a base for a few days sightseeing and you’ll say goodbye to it with a big smile on your face having had a fantastic stay. Chandra, thank you for making me feel so welcome.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
17  Thank keithsramblings
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Chandra, the hard working Sri Lanka native, works like a slave here. He books rooms, meets guests, cleans rooms, and is very attentive and eager to supply you with whatever you need. The double rooms look to be a good size. Every room is equipped with a refrigerator, fan, cereal, juice, water, milk, esspresso machine, hot water kettle, tea, yogurt, and a tray of packaged goodies, should you like them. This is not a hostel, in my opinion, and I do prefer an all female dorm when traveling alone. It is just more sociable. So you wont meet people staying here. The single rooms are very small, and I cleared all the food off the table to make a place for my suitcase. Chandra, aka Sondro, even lets you use the computer in the office, and you can hang out there, so maybe you might meet someone. There is a subway station 3 min walk away, and you are one stop from the main train station. This is very convenient. There is a lovely little cafe deli right across the Street. Rome is expensive. I feel that I paid too much for this room, but then, I booked thru booking.com. Chandra suggests you try it directly. you can email him at: info@sweethousecinzia.com and their tel is: plus 39 334 250 3951 they are located at Via Buonarroti, 39

Room Tip: Even if you are a solo traveler. If you are going to be here more than a couple of days, ask for a double room, and a price break.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank MexicoMomma_12
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We booked the Sweet House Cinzia as it was very close to the Termini Station . The street- Via Buonarroti , is in a lovely area , with a very nice park just across the road , and plenty of shops and restaurants within a very easy walking distance . Chandra , the Manager was waiting for us, and explained where everything was . Breakfast was taken in the room, but from an amazing selection of croissants, French toast, preserves, fruit , cereals - everything you could ask for really . We had a very well stocked fridge in the room - and much more than we could possibly eat . Chandra explained how easy it was to walk to the main tourist attractions, gave us a map, and marked all of the directions for us. He also kindly arranged accommodation for us on our return to Rome - it was a particularly busy weekend with lots of events - Rome Marathon, etc, - his own hotel was full, but rang other hotels until he managed to get us booked in .
I would not hesitate to recommend Sweet House Cinzia, and if we go back to Rome next year, we will certainly be staying there again .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
10  Thank Suki45
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This was our first visit to Rome and we booked this B&B because of its location and very reasonable price compared to hotels in the area. The B&B is in a great position for walking to the Coloseeum which takes no more than 10 minutes and also only a short walk to the Terminal. There isn't anywhere you can't get to as literally just around the corner is the Metro station. The room it's self was great it was possibly on of the cleanest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. It had a nice comfy bed, good sofa rather large bathroom and a mini bar stocked daily with orange juice, milk, water and fresh fruit. There is also a coffee machine in the room and breakfast which consist of cereal, toast and jams and croissants. The owner was a great host when we arrived he met us and carried our bags to our room, showed us how everything worked coffee machine etc. He even offered us some slippers incase the floor was to cold. He gave us a map of Rome and circled all the main attractions and best ways of reaching them whether it be walking or getting the train or bus. We spent some time finding out where to go to eat and as luck has it the best restaurant in our opinion was on the same block maybe 100 meters away called Trattoria Vecchia Roma it's on the corner of Via Buonarroti and Via Ferruccio we had 2 great meals there out of 4 and neither meal cost more than €40 for 2 3 course meals, wine, coffee and liquor's.

When we go back to Rome we will defiantly be staying here again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Daniel E
Reviewed 3 February 2013

This was my second time staying in Rome but the first time at this B&B. What a delight! The owner was waiting for me when I arrived, carried my suitcase to the lift and into my room. I had booked the single room but as he had a double available he placed me there. It was a great room - en suite bathroom and spotlessly clean.

He then showed me around the office showing me how to work the coffee machine and showed me where I could find water and milk for coffee should I want it. There is cutlery and things like bottle openers and can openers if you need them. There was a large selection of teas etc in my room and croissants and toast with jams and spreads for breakfast.

He then gave me a map of rome and pointed out the bus routes that would take me to places and also to showed me where was good to go as well as the main sites. I was told to make myself at home, come and go as I please and treat it as my home. He even asked me if i wanted slippers as it was cold.

A truly great place to stay and I will def be going back there again!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo