“Bubby hand-feeds you cookies while you browse "taste this darling".” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of il mondo di Laura - CLOSED

il mondo di Laura
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Montreal, Canada
“Bubby hand-feeds you cookies while you browse "taste this darling".”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

A tiny cookie/bakery shop on a side street in the Jewish Ghetto of Rome. I waited (unseen) while Laura washed her hands in the tiny sink and poured herself a glass of water. Startled to see me, she offered me a glass "on this hot day", and then proceeded to stuff sample cookies in my mouth as browsed her display cases. My husband was outside and we were planning lunch in a nearby resto, but by the time I left the store, I was FULL. Laura had fed me one of every cookie she had made that day, about 20 varieties, all delicious and quite unusual. My hubby lunched on one of the several dozen cookies I'd purchased and some of them even made it back to Montreal. If you are hungry for a yummy kosher sweet, and you are missing your favourite grandmother or auntie, go see Laura - problem solved !

Visited May 2013
1 Thank MartaMacdonald

Rome, Italy
“Nice Little Place for Biscotti”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Il Mondo di Laura is a tiny little shop just off the main piazza in the Jewish Ghetto. The shop sells parve cookies (biscotti), cakes, and brownies along with mugs and teapots. The chocolate-orange biscotti cookies we bought, as well as the various samples we tried, were all excellent.

• Visited February 2013