Hotel Mancino 12
US$194
US$1,067
US$604
  • Restaurant
All reviewspiazza veneziaside streettrevi fountaintop floor suitegreat locationcentral locationwithin walking distancea small boutique hotelmodern roomsheart of romespanish stepsminute walklarge balconymajor attractionsrecommend this hoteltrip to romeclose proximity
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the end of November and could not be more pleased with our choice! After an overnight flight from the US, we arrived at the hotel around 9:30am. Andrea at check in was friendly, welcoming and most accommodating as we were able to check in right away. A MAJOR plus.

The boutique style hotel could not be more ideally located. We walked to every major site with ease and loved having the Hotel Mancino 12 as our home base. The rooms were modern, clean and tastefully decorated. There was actually tons of storage even though the rooms were on the smaller side. We also liked that there was a fridge so we could store water, wine, etc. The bathroom was well-appointed and the shower was phenomenal. Two thumbs up overall.

This was our 2nd trip to Rome, and while we enjoyed our first stay - we both far preferred the hotel Mancino 12. I wholeheartedly recommend and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bethy2120
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We did not have the pleasure of staying at this hotel because we had a medical emergency that caused us to cancel. The doctor grounded my boyfriend and would not let us make the long flight from California to Italy. We notified the hotel 2 days before we were to arrive and I offered to send them the doctors note. They very quickly responded that they gave me a full refund. It was bad enough that we had to deal with this medical scare the last thing we needed was to pay for 3 nights in Rome, when we were "grounded". The managements swift and understanding response was greatly appreciated and I believe worth noting. We are hoping to go to Rome in the Fall and if so, we will certainly stay in the Hotel Mancino 12!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We loved this hotel. It was small and intimate and hidden down a quiet street very close to all the major sites. It is very stylish, clean and modern and although there is not a restaurant within the hotel there are so many close by it didn't matter. The staff were very helpful and recommended this lovely restaurant called 'Life' off the Via Corsa. We had the tasting menu which was really delicious. We also did a tour around the Vatican with Marcello but I can't remember the tour name.
We also booked a taxi transfer with Taxi-airports-transfer.com who were excellent and reasonably priced. Overall a great city break. The one thing I would suggest to the hotel is that they also have wine in the mini bar !

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor room 401 which was lovely
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny K
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed at this Hotel in November. The hotel was absolutely delightful and lovely, I really enjoyed my stay there. I high recommend it, it deserves all 5 stars. I cannot fault the hotel and I have stayed at plenty of hotels around the world, it is worth every cent so do not hesitate to book there.

The hotel is newish, very modern (especially considering you are in Europe), very clean, well maintained. It has very friendly, professional and helpful staff members who provide an excellent service. The standard room is very spacious and has a very comfortable bed and a lovely marble bathroom with a very big shower cubicle. There is also a mini bar and a safe. Housekeeping comes every day and they do a great job.

The hotel is centrally located near Piazza Venezia. The main road just outside the hotel is a very vibrant area day and night. Please note that the hotel rooms have very very effective sound insulation, you cannot hear anything from outside which was good. There are many eating places near the hotel; you will not run out of options, you will just run out of time to try them all. You can do lots of people watching from the cafes with a yummy glass of wine, the area is so alive. Many buses pass by that main road (including #40, 60, 64, 70, 170) which is directly opposite Piazza Venezia so you have many bus transport options to get there, I caught a bus from Termini to the Hotel easily (costs E1.50). You can easily walk to Colosseum, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Campo de Fiori, it would take you 15 minutes max to walk to any of those places, usually less. I caught a bus to the Vatican then walked back for about 25-30 min. There are several supermarkets located near the hotel for you to buy all your basic necessities.

When I checked out my flight was much later in the day so the hotel was kind enough to keep my bags for me till mid-afternoon. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this lovely modern hotel; its honestly a hidden gem. I highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I spent 4 nights at Hotel Mancino 12 in November, on my first trip to Rome. I selected it based on TA reviews and was really very pleased. I'd just come from a villa experience in Tuscany, so was looking forward to a more modern "hotel" experience. Which is just what I found -- modern rooms, updated, super clean bathrooms, good bed. While in the very heart of tourist Rome, the side street location makes it very quiet. In fact, when I checked out I was surprised to see many others doing the same as I thought I was the only guest. You can walk to everything, from the colosseum to the Borghese Gallery. The only time I took a taxi was to the Vatican. Stefano on the desk during the day was welcoming and helpful. For a first trip to Rome, it was perfect bc of the location. Recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo