“Lovely modern hotel, fantastic location”
Review of Hotel Mancino 12

Hotel Mancino 12
Ranked #40 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Cambridge
“Lovely modern hotel, fantastic location”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights, and had the suite, which had a fantastic balcony to have a drink or 2 in the evening. The room had a/c, which worked possibly a little too well, but I certainly wouldn't moan about that in the heat outside!

The bed was comfortable, the room clean and modern, and have everything which Italian law allows...so no iron or kettle, so if you need these, you'll have to take them! Not too sure of the reasoning for this law!

The guys on the front desk were fantastic, friendly and really helpful, and really add the finishing touch to a fantastic stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dominic M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We found this hotel on Trip Advisor while looking for accomodation for our four day vacation in Rome. Hotel Mancino 12 turned out to be a gem in this fascinating city. The hotel arranged car transfers for us from the airport and later for our onward connection to a cruise, both of which were prompt and reliable in good quality vehicles. We received a warm and friendly greeting from the staff who made efforts to prepare our room as we had arrived before the normal check in time. The accommodation was very quiet and comfortable and in good repair. The bathroom offered an excellent rain forest shower and good quality toiletries. Breakfast, although not included, offered a good selection of bread, yogurt, pastries and cereal. We found it to be more than adequate and a good price by Rome standards.

Hotel Mancino 12 is in a good location for exploring ancient Rome by foot and we would recommend it to anyone wanting a true Italian experience rather than a large anonymous chain hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 2can
Washington, DC
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have to admit, this hotel might be the best I’ve stayed in, when balancing price, location, size, service and room design (both aesthetics and function). I honestly can’t find a single complaint with it. If you’re visiting Rome, you’d be insane not to consider staying at Hotel Mancino 12.

In my review I'll try to hit on all the standard aspects of the hotel:

-STYLE: This hotel is recently renovated and looks very fresh and modern. It also has an elevator.
-LOCATION: The hotel is located a block and a half from Piazza Venezia, about a five minute walk to the Trevi Fountain, and a 10 minute walk to both the Spanish Steps and the Pantheon. Bottom line: you’re incredibly well positioned from this hotel. The hotel itself is down a street that is pretty tight – many taxis won’t drive down it, so plan to roll your luggage down a short block. From our room (#201) we didn’t have a notable view – just the building across the alley. A taxi stand is 2 blocks from the hotel.
-ROOM: We booked a superior double room (room #201). We had a queen bed (which was very comfortable), a full length mirror, a small desk, a flat screen tv, a chair, two cabinets and a large bathroom. The air conditioning was excellent and the room was larger than standard European rooms.
-BATHROOM: The bathroom was great – very stylish and functional. And the shower door fully closed (most in Europe only halfway close, which baffles me to this day). Ladies take note: there was excellent shower pressure to wash the shampoo out of your hair, bright lighting for makeup application, and an outlet next to the mirror, so you can curl/straighten your hair. Those might seem like small things, but they are next to impossible to find in Europe!
-INTERNET: Wi-fi was included in our rate and was very fast. We could watch videos and use Facetime with no problem.
-NOISE LEVEL: We had a room facing the alley and had no complaints with any noise, and I’m a light sleeper. No need for earplugs here!
-LUGGAGE RACK: Yep! I always think it’s an easy item to provide that makes a stay more comfortable. Not a big deal, but always appreciated.
-BREAKFAST: While we didn’t take advantage of it, the hotel appears to offer a continental breakfast for a small fee.
-SERVICE: Top notch. This is a very small hotel (I think only around 15 rooms), so the front desk staff double as the concierge. They were top notch and really enhanced our already favorable view of the hotel.

And just to highlight the excellent service at the hotel, know that the staff exceed expectations. One of our electrical adapters got stuck in an outlet due to our own stupidity. Not one, but TWO of the staff at the hotel literally shocked themselves to get it out for us. I don’t believe that’s in their job description, but it was very much appreciated. If they were willing to shock themselves for us, know that they’ll easily go above and beyond for you!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kylin M
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here in May 2014. Glad we did. Spotlessly clean & close to shops, eateries & public transport.The hotel is brilliant. The staff are the best & speak English.Have a crack at speaking Italian .. they'll help with pronunciation & everyone has a laugh!
Will be staying there again next trip

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank damian54
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After trawling Trip Advisor for somewhere to stay in Rome I decided to stay in the Hotel Mancino 12 , and all I can say is I'm glad I did ! It is within walking distance of all the major sites and easy to get to from the main train station .
Rooms are clean , very well equipped quiet . Staff are first class like the hotel !
La Cabana is two doors away and serves a varied and good menu .
Can't wait to go back .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Driftwood54
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed 3 nights at Hotel Mancino 12. I booked it based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and must say that the reviews were correct. The hotel was in a fabulous location. A short walk to most tourist attractions. The furthest place was the Vatican and that was probably only 40 mins walk. The Trevi fountain, Colleseum and other attractions were within 5mins walk.

The staff were extremely friendly and courteous and the rooms were modern and nice. The room was small but very comfortable. I highly recommend staying at Hotel Mancino 12.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kris879
Chicago
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I regret that I was only in Rome for 24 hours, but I don't regret a moment of the time I spent at the Hotel Mancino 12. I normally travel alone, and as a single woman I'm always trying to balance value against safety and a central location, and the Mancino 12 was wonderful on all counts. The rooms were pretty tiny if you're used to American-sized rooms, but the hotel was smack in the center of Rome so I certainly wasn't going to complain about the tiny bed or the lack of floor space. This hotel is a five minute walk to the Forum, 15 easy minutes (i.e. past lots of shops and restaurants that were open late) to Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon, and 20 from the Spanish Steps. I would have felt very comfortable calling the Mancino home for a week, even if I'd been traveling by myself.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family