“Poor” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2,066 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Tirana
“Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed for 5 night at Volusia. My room was furnished all in pink. If you like pink go for room 23 :) As I am not a big fan of pink I can't say it was the best, but let's say it was nice. The breakfast was horrible. I was expecting a buffet breakfast as in all the hotels, but all you could find was some supermarket biscuits and cakes, water and apricot juice. There was nothing salty for breakfast. They didn't clean the room. And it was a smoking room, so i had to leave the window opened all day long. And at the evening it still smelled badly. Horrible.... The nights were a real disappointment. OMG.... I could hear every noise from other rooms. You can imagine.... It was horrible too. The hotel is far from the city center, but i could reach the center very easily. First taking the bus, than the train at Gustiniana and stopped at via Aurelia and than i took the metro A for one stop. After walking 10 mins I could reach Vatican and than all the other touristic points of the city. The staff was very friendly, but i think the owners have to improve the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
696Alex, Direttore at Volusia House, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
I am sorry. The cleanliness of the rooms and 'every day, every morning before noon.
Unfortunately, this may 'happen that there are annoying people who smoke in the room and if' forbidden.
For me it would not be a problem to change the room if there is a reason like this.
  From the bus stop (the giustiniana) you will reach Piazza San Pietro in Valle Aurelia directly without stop in 23 minutes. This information is normal for me to report them to all my guests. Breakfast can 'be subjective.
Breakfast includes a variety of croissants, pastries and various homemade cakes. various fruit juices, water, Caffe ', cappuccino, chocolate, tea, milk and so on.

Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

The rest house was far far outside the city. I knew this fact but I still chose it as I thought it was a good value for money because we needed attached bath and breakfast, etc. This was a major let down. They were claiming on bookings.com that the room had a private bathroom and breakfast was included. The reality was that we were given the room without bathroom. We had to walk all the way down to the corridor for the bathroom, toilet. Furthermore, the "breakfast" meant unlimited coffee from a coffee machine in the morning hours with a couple of buns(bought from supermarket). We were clearly deceived. We expected something like what every hotel offers, a buffet breakfast or breakfast as per order, but there was no such option. Without these two facilities (and the fact that this place was outside Rome) the room was much too expensive. The room was nicely furnished, with a fridge.
Secondly the public transport in Rome was very confusing, perhaps because it was Easter time. It took about 1 hour to go to city centre. Anyway, I would look for some other place next time. We felt deceived by the owner.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
696Alex, Direttore at Volusia House, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
I think there is a bit 'of confusion. When you book with booking.com you can 'choose between a room with a bathroom and a bedroom with private bathroom outside, so you can' choose. When you book directly by phone or email, I always say if I only have a room with external private bathroom with different prices, so you can decide if this is right for you. It 'clear that in the period of Easter happens to have many reservations and then a person who has not booked in advance, can' find a room with a private bathroom outside.
perhaps we are not close to the center of Rome, we are well connected in fact if you want to get to St. Peter's Square for example, with the line of the FM3 arrive in 23 minutes.
Our position 'anyway verifiable on google maps or on the website before booking.
I've never fooled anyone.