“Appalling service, food, value for money and cleanliness.. Do not eat here!”
Review of La Fraschetta

La Fraschetta
Ranked #10,289 of 12,525 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Appalling service, food, value for money and cleanliness.. Do not eat here!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Myself and 3 friends stopped here for a quick lunch and really wished we hadn't. The food was microwaved from frozen slop, we're pretty sure they were ready meals. The head waiter was a complete sleaze that perved over every woman that walked past. All the staff chain smoked over you while you ate. The place was dirty, expensive and the food was vile. Do not eat here. They should be ashamed to try and pass any of the swill that they serve as italian.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
hertfordshire
“Rip off LA FRASHETTA”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We have just eaten at this resteraunt and want to warn other people not to eat here as they have a scam. We were enticed in with a free starter and salad which we did not receive and then recommended the fish which they charged 45 euro for so our bill for two people came to 115.00 euro and when we questioned this he got out another menu, not the one he gave us with different prices. Other customers were questioning their bills as well.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank 747maxwell
Ireland
“Rip off restaurant, filthy unisex toilet!!!!!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Just to be clear, I refer to La Fraschetta in Via Sant'Agnes in Agone, just off Piazza Navona.
It was about 8pm and we were a group of 7, so it was hard to find a restaurant on the Piazza to take us all.
We wandered down a side street and looked at the Fraschetta menu.
Waiter came over and said we would get a free starter of bruschetta and salad.
Menu looked recently priced, so we sat down.
The 'free' starters came - a small plate of 1 slice tomato bruschetta and a little salad, PLUS two large platters of cold meat anti pasto. We ate most but not all of the meat. The bruschetta was very hard and the salad tiny.
One of our party wanted to eat fish, so when a fish, mussell, calamari 'special' was offered she ordered it, without asking the price.
The food was generally good, BUT THE BILL!!!!!!!!! 280 euro for 5 persons - about 100 euro
more than we expected - we had been charged 10 euro each for the meat part of the starter. When we said we had not ordered it, he said he had asked us if we wanted it and that we had said yes - We dont recall being asked etc, because none of us are big antipasto fans, so that was the first part of the scam.
The next was that the seafood special was 35 euro.
Oh, and the one toilet was unisex and smelly and not very clean.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank LisaIreland_10
PHX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible food, tourist rip-off, horrible customer service”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My family and I ate here in Navona Square and the waiter was a scam artist who told my husband that the meal he ordered was about 12 euro, and brought him an extra beer when we only ordered one. When we questioned him, he acted like it was on the house, and then scurried away like a rat and wouldn't come by our table. When he quickly left the bill and then took off, he had charged us 35 euro for my husband's meal and for the extra beer. I argued with him and he took off some of the money, but charged a larger service charge than most restaurants. He is a crook and the food was horrible. Stay away from this restaurant!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank BSig333
North Haven, Connecticut
“Watch what you order”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Gee where should i begin. After being hounded at the menu posting we decided to eat here. Should have known from the start that it was a bad idea. The maitre d', waiter, greeter ( one in the same) and not too honest to begin with seated us. He then proceeded to chain smoke the entire time. We ordered, my daughter ordered the Rissoto d'mare. He was insistent that she should have the speicial that evening of the Linguini d'mare. Dinners came out, her's looked good with a whole fish and 2 shrimp a few small clams and 3 mussells. Not much flavor. The rest of the meals were substandard. I also ordered a secondi piatti to go with my primi piatti. 30 Minutes after the pasta, still no secondi. When i asked about it he said the eggplant would be right out, I didn't order eggplant, I asked for chicken. He said it would be right out. 20 minutes still no secondi. I called the smoker over ( looks and sounds like "everyone loves Raymonds, Brother") and cancelled the chicken. asked for the bill 15 minutes later he came with that. Upon inspection it seemed extremely overcharged. I called him over and asked and he said the Linguini my daughter ordered was 40 euros. There was nothing on the menu over 23 euros when i complained he said oh i'm sorry I will discount it for you. He did now it was only 35 euros. This guy is a bait and switch artist, don't trust him, if you must eat here check your bill and stay with the menu. The next table over also had billing issues and complained as well. There are too many places to eat within steps of this place. Trust me don't eat here, foods isn't good and the likelihood that they will try to rip you off is high. Obviously he was upset that I cancelled the chicken dish, but after waiting for so long and having tasted our other dishes i felt enough was enough. So his way of getting back was to overcharge. I took the hit, take my advice stay away

• Visited April 2013