“Good burgers excellent home made fries”
Review of Hamburgeseria Burger-Bar - CLOSED

Hamburgeseria Burger-Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: Il concept del Burger-Bar nasce quando la ricerca dell'hamburger perfetto, con pane e salse fatte in casa, si incontra con la passione per la caffetteria americana e per i dolci d'oltre oceano.L'Hamburgeseira vuole recuperare la tradizione dell'hamburger gourmet a Roma con i suoi squisiti panini e alllo stesso tempo essere un rifugio per merende e colazioni con un ampia selezione di caffe caldi e freddi, shakes e tea oltre ad una vasta scelta di biscotti e dolci fatti in casa dal nostro Chef , from NewYork City, MR. Michael J. RosenfeldTutti i giorni dalle 10.00Anche Delivery & Take away
Istanbul, Turkey
“Good burgers excellent home made fries”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stumbled on this quirky rustic cafe/bar. Just off the beaten track, a side street away from all the husle bustle probably not the quickest of service erring on the casual side, but made a good relaxed atmosphere for a Saturday lunch - artisan beer delicious and you can make up your own burgers, cooked pink which is perfect will definetly return great alternative to the usual fare.

• Visited May 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

Understaffed the place was full but there were only 2 waiters and a bartender. The bartender (female) super antipatic we were waiting for a table and in the meantime asked for 2 beers that arrived after 30 min.
The 2 waiters slow and not service oriented. Food is ok and cheap. Place is not very hygienic, waiter was playing with her hair behind the bar, placemats fallen on the floor were put on the tables, tables were dirty. Bartender touched the cakes with her hands.

Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lively Place - good food”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

After days of pasta, it was a welcome change to grab a cheeseburger! Very Very friendly service! Free wifi. Coke Zero!!! The burger was rare, the way i like it but could have used some seasoning. Best french fries I've had in years!! This place really gets hopping in the evening with people filling the street waiting for a table. Great, funky ambience!

• Visited March 2013
Briarcliff Manor, New York
“Hamburger like they make it back home (NY)”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We are a family of four Americans living in Rome for the last two years. Once in a while we get the blues for home food. If you see my review of the Perfect Bun you will realize that not all our burger escapades have been that good. However we decided to try this place and we really loved it. It is a stone's throw from Vittorio Emmanuelle which makes parking tough but once you find it, it is a nice place with good service. If burger is what you want then the menu is fine. The Caesar's salad is like at home. The patatine frite delectable and the artizanal beer very nice. It is not cheap but not expensive either. We even tried the frappuccino drink which was more tasty than Starbucks. Highly recommended for expats and visitors tired of the old pizza/pasta drill.

• Visited February 2013
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Felt like home!”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Let's just begin with the fact that I'm from NYC. Whenever I get American food in Italy it's almost always cooked by Italians so it's never right. Bacon is usually soggy, the cheese is always wrong and the desserts are usually just sweet. So when I heard that the chef at this new burger bar was from NY, I knew I had to check it out.

We were warmly greeted by a hostess, which one rarely sees in Italy. The servers were very nice to us as well. The decor kept us entertained while we perused our menus. The music was way too stereotypical. Do Italians really think Americans listen to 50s music at burger joints? I would have preferred Jazz. But I'm partial to Jazz since I'm a Jazz singer.
While some of the items on the menu seemed to stray a tad from the traditional such as a Philly Steak with peppers and BBQ sauce, they left me intrigued.
My Coke didn't come with ice, but we are in Italy and most of the customers are Italians. When I ordered it, they gave me 3 measly ice cubes. That's sooo Italian. They need to keep in mind what Americans expect from an American-style restaurant when a request is made.
I ordered the beef burger, which comes on homemade bread with BBQ sauce. In addition, I ordered the spicy mayo, caramelized onions and bacon.
OMG! It melted in my mouth. It was simply delicious. While I'm certain the chef isn't flipping every single burger in the kitchen, he obviously has taught his team well.
The bacon was thickly cut and perfectly crispy as were hand-cut fries, which went well with the spicy mayo I ordered on the side. The best part was that they actually had cheddar. I can never find cheddar in restaurants in Italy. This made me smile.
The only disappointment was the Caesar salad. It was a bit too acidic for my taste. However, the lemon square was perfectly tart and big enough to share. Tart citrus desserts are another thing that I can never find in Italy, so I was so happy to have this. My boyfriend had the brownie, which was beyond amazing. He was very satisfied.
Overall, I'll certainly return again and again. The hamburgers here were exactly what a home-sick Newyorker needed. I'll be bringing all my homesick friends soon enough. Thanks chef! It felt like home.

• Visited November 2012