“Fabulous stay”

Ranked #1,154 of 3,669 Rome B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for two nights and it was amazing. The hotel and rooms were extremely keen and in the most amazing location, as you step out of the door the Pantheon is right in front of you,

The staff was really friendly and welcoming and very helpful. We had a lovely stay.

My only two negative points are obviously it was abit noisy outside but you can't really help that being in Rome and the breakfast was very limited as you only got a pastry, it would have been nice to have more options.

Room Tip: This room was perfect for those who are mainly just looking for a room to sleep in not to stay in al...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
angeloca, Direttore generale at Best Suites Pantheon, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Denieca,

Thank you so much for your positive comments and feedback regarding your stay in Best Suites Pantheon.
We are also happy to hear negative feedback so we know what we can improve to satisfy our guest 100%.
As you already mentioned we are in the historical centrum of the Rome, where you cant avoid noise from the street, specially in this period of the year.
Anyway we are working even on this.
About the breakfast; we are giving to our guests option to choose also continental breakfast at €5 difference or you can simply be upgraded in the Bar Dakota for extra charge.
Price for the room for this time of the year are very reasonable included basic breakfast, which is as you mentioned Typical Italian breakfast ..cappuccino, or caffe late, american coffee, espresso or tea and croissant. We are also flexible in the question of the breakfast and trying to make it even more personalised (in the case you have some diet or allergies..)
I am sure if you talk to our receptionist they will be happy to accommodate your needs as well.
As I said we are very happy that you have lovely stay and thank you for your feedback, so we can improve our services.
We will be looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We really enjoyed hanging out in the Rotunda in front of the Pantheon. Everyone was super nice and our rooms were very clean. It was my husband, myself, and our two boys who are both college students. We had a blast!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We travel to Italy every summer. I consider myself a pretty experienced traveler and have never felt so ripped off and completely dismissed by the staff at Best Suites Pantheon. We booked a quad room for one night in July 2014. The room amenities on the Best Suites Pantheon website states AIR CONDITIONING but we were soooo scammed! The quad room was €250 EURO A NIGHT and we were given a PORTABLE DESK FAN instead of Air conditioning!!! We were told that since the building was old the AC only worked in the afternoon. In 90 degree hot humid weather you can imagine how irate we were. We arrived early at Best Suites Pantheon and since the room was not ready we left our luggage and went for lunch. It was 2:00pm and after flying for 12 hours overnight we just wanted to take a nap. The AC still did not work so we had to be more specific and asked “what time” would the AC be coming on? We were told from 4pm to midnight – what a joke! Since there were 4 of us in the room we asked for a least another fan. The room was so hot and i was concerned for our young kids.

The blond lady at the front desk at the Best Suites Pantheon couldn’t care less and flat out just said NO because all the fans were all spoken for (which concerned me if they claim to have AC). At this point I was worried that we probably wouldn’t even have AC later in the day. I expressed my concern for their dishonesty and for misleading and taking advantage of tourists and she just sat there with a blank heartless look on her face. I asked for my money back and she said she had to call the manager. She apparently called the manager and he said no.

After clearly being dismissed by the women at the front desk at the Best Suites Pantheon I felt my choices were to stay at Best Suites Pantheon with a desk fan or leave and find another hotel. I walked across the street to a FOUR STAR property and explained my situation. They gave us 2 rooms for the same price so we took it. After we moved our luggage to the other hotel I went to the reception at Best Suites Pantheon to return our key. There was another lady at the desk. I asked her if she was aware of our situation and I tried to hand her the key. She did not want to take the key and tried to convince me to stay. She said she was going to send someone out to buy us another fan. I explained to her it was too late. The lack of customer service was horrific. I was shocked that she was even trying to convince me to stay in a room that we paid for with air conditioning and she was going to give us 2 desk fans! I explained that I had already asked for another fan and was straight away refused by the other staff and we felt cheated and lied too. I also asked for my money back and she that was never going to happen! I was straight forward with her and told her that they cannot cheat tourists like this and that i was going to write a review on trip advisor. I have written many reviews on trip advisor over the years and this is the first time I have to write about such a negative experience. The property was booked through my travel agent. When she contacted the property about getting my money back she was sent an email from Katerina with a long winded and completely different explanation...more lies. Rome is a beautiful place to visit but Best Suites Pantheon really left us with a bad taste. After being mislead about the air conditioning and the poor customer service WE WANT OUR €250 back! Lucky i took a photo of the air conditioning in our room to post on my FB to show what a joke this place is! I love Italy and am sorry to say that I would never recommend Best Suites Pantheon because of their complete lack of concern and deceptive manner of conducting business.

Room Tip: Dont book the quad room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
18 Thank canadianey65
Chessmaster62, Direttore generale at Best Suites Pantheon, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Ms Leung and family,

For the first, I would like to say how disappointed I am to hear such a words addressed to our establishment and I am very sorry if you felt as you said 'ripped off'.
As you see our reviews, you wont find a single one not even similar to yours. It is true we have had a maintenance working on air conditioning on those days and if there was any inconvenience for 2 hours (14.00-16.00) of breaking hours and the fan which was just temporally replacement of air con we gave you also as compensation discounted offer for your future stay as Katerina also wrote to your travel agent and the website you have made your reservation on.
We were trying to fix the problem before your arrival time and is also true that you have arrived early that day at midday and our staff were doing their best to get you inside the room, before check in time which is 14.00 because your long travel.
This is not an excused for us, just a clearly explanation of the situation which you called 'ripped off'.
The air conditioning was on that day perfectly working from 16.00 as you been told by receptionist staff and there was no reason to leave and pay for another hotel.
As I said I am very sorry, but we were doing our best to fixed the problem and make your self comfortable for the rest of your stay.
I hope you will accept our offer and we will be able to change your mind, because our mission is to satisfy clients and make there holidays unforgettable in best way.
Thank you and wish you all the best.

Operation Manager of Best Suites Pantheon
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Room and en suite was spacious and very clean. The 2 concierges were extremely helpful and polite. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Perfect location within walking distance of most sites. Breakfast in a local café was very Spartan, coffee and croissant. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Piazza
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights. We had a room with a queen bed - while not incredibly spacious, we spent minimal time in the room so it didn't matter. It had a fridge which was very convenient. Laura and Jerrich (sp?) were amazing concierges - helped us set up tickets to an outdoor ballet and were generally very helpful and friendly. Shower was tiny, but it sounds like most showers in Rome are very "space-conscious." Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Athens
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The location just in front of the Pantheon is unbeatable! We had a double room with no Pantheon view (elios room) which was very clean and spacious and looked brand new. The bathroom was large but unfortunately had a small shower. Free wifi worked fine most of the time. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. It is not a typical hotel, so there isn't always someone at the reception area but they gave us keys to all doors and a cell phone number to be able to reach them if needed. The breakfast was simple (coffee and croissant) at a nearby cafe, but who wants a big breakfast in Rome, where you can find great food everywhere? There was an option to upgrade to a continental breakfast though. Light sleepers keep in mind that we could hear people in the next room showering in the morning, as well as people having breakfast in the hotel next door. Also for those carrying a lot of luggage there are about 10-12 steps to reach the elevator. No problem for us, we had an excellent stay! We would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a great experience staying here for 3 nights. We had a 'suite' with a double bed and pull out couch that could sleep 2. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was amazing. You look out your window at the Pantheon and walk right out into the Piazza. Walking distance to most of the main sites in Rome too. We felt like the value was great for the price. The free breakfast is in a restaurant around the corner and was a good amount of food - cappuccino, croissant, ham and eggs. You can hear the street performers from the room and some of them are annoying, although it was nice getting to hear the musicians play while resting in the room. Wi-Fi worked perfectly. Room was clean and comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple