“Simply Poor”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2013

rip off, wrong meal made, putting it right took ages even with a quiet restaurant and when it did finally arrive the others in the group had long finished theirs. How long can it take to make grilled squid?
Simply avoid this place!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Avoid this place at all cost, this is a tourist trap. We had the worst experience of our trip here. We ordered one if their specials listed in their board outside the restaurant about €20 but they ended up serving us their rip you off special catch of the day with a surprise €150 bill at the end. exorbitant price for a mediocre restaurant. They didn't want to give us a receipt, we only got it after repeatedly demanding it. the food was boring, terrible, terrible experience.

1  Thank Chicaharu
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I wanted to try some authentic Italian food and decided to visit Ciro & Ciro since it was close to our hotel. We looked at the menu and tho it was appealing, the waiters insisted on trying the special of the day. We curiously asked for more details and the waiter explained it but also adding that it was the best they had and at a very good price. Seeing that most of the dishes on the menu seemed reasonably priced, we made the mistake to order the specials without asking for the cost.
To make the long story short, we were shocked to see the final bill charging as each special at 3x the cost of the most expensive dish on the menu. When we asked to see the actual price of the specials, the waiter said that it wasn't written anywhere but he would've told us if we asked :/ btw, he also insisted that service was not included and we had to pay for it as well.

The place is a total ripoff and I've heard many people have similar complains. Please save your money and go somewhere else. Our evening was ruined and we don't want anyone to go through a similar experience.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I started reading the reviews for Ciro & Ciro and then realised I was reading about another restaurant close to the Pantheon and the reviews were shockers. So I'll write one about Ciro&Ciro (nowhere near the Pantheon). This restaurant is about a 5 minute walk from Cipro Metro station (turn right out of the station and keep walking) - which also does not look like the photo on this page.

This restaurant was recommended by someone at our Hotel and I have to say was an absolute find.

The food was fresh, inexpensive and good value for money. The Bruschetta - the best I have ever had and my grilled swordfish was succulent - cooked perfectly and served with a lovely crunchy salad. There was no shortage of seafood in the pastas and although the pizzas were great in terms of the dough and taste.. the toppings probably could have been more abundant! Having said that for 7 euros as opposed to the average of 12 euros in Rome - not really anything to complain about.

Pizzas aside - value for money was beyond question, service fantastic and friendly doesn't even begin to cover it from the waiting staff right through to the lovely lady sitting at the till who was elegant and charming.

I rarely visit the same establishment twice but we kept going back and were not disappointed. There may be two Ciro and Ciro's in Rome - but this one is most definitely the better of the two.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

The waiters were great! Very fluent in English. Protected me from bothersome locals. Best pizza makers in the city.