“Wonderful!”

Cibele Bed&Breakfast
Ranked #118 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I could not imagine a better place to stay in Rome, particularly if you want to be near the Forum/Coliseum area. Large, clean, new rooms with everything a guest could want. There is not a TV in the room, and we saw that as a plus. It is on a fun street with lots of people but no traffic since it is a small street. Noise is at a minimum as he added double windows with space in between the windows so they can both be opened if you wish or closed for quiet. Giuseppe would do anything to make things better for his guests and always serves their needs for reservations, food suggestions, etc. We will stay there again when we return to Rome.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
gidima79, Owner at Cibele Bed&Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Chuck and Cindy,

Thank you for everything: for choosing Cibele for your stay in Rome, for noticing and enjoying every little detail of this experience and for bringing such enthusiasm in our house!!!

I hope I will have the honor of hosting you again,

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Accustomed to hotels for my business trips, I decided to change my habits by opting for a more user friendly option. Mission accomplished! I immediately felt the friendliness arriving at Cybele Bed & Breakfast. Despite a late booking and Giuseppe unavailability when I arrived, Giuseppe organized everything (airport transfer, welcome by his parents, nice restaurants booking...). Ideally located at 100m from the subway station in a central and lively part of Roma, I felt at home.
Rooms are very nice. Cybele has a common area where you can have breakfast or just a coffee at will. Free Wifi.
It is decided, for my professional travel and vacation with my darling, I will return to Cybele.
Thank you again Giuseppe, hope to see you very soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much Djilali!!!!

It has been a great experience knowing you and hosting you here...I can wait to have you back here with your girlfriend...so that you can enjoy the romantic side of Cibele!!!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed with Giuseppe for three nights in mid November and loved every minute of it - Giuseppe is the perfect host and the b & b is also perfect - exactly the same as photographed and described on the web page. The rooms are really spacious, as is the bathroom. Location is a short walk from the Colosseum - we didnt get one taxi throughout our stay, walked everywhere. I would definitely recommend Cibele and would stay there again without any hesitation. Its located in a great neighbourhood. You will not be disappointed! : )

Niamh & Eoin

1  Thank 44Niamh

What to say?
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
Your kind and happy-go-lucky presence was a amazing experience and now this superlative review!!!
The best reward for my job is to perceive your satisfaction...and these words express it pretty clearly!!!
Take a good care of you and hope to see you soon again!!!!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We spent four wonderful nights in Giuseppe's beautifully restored and remodeled B&B near the end of October. This was our second trip to Rome and, thanks to Giuseppe, it was perfect. Perfect, as well, describes both the B&B amenities and location.

The Cibele is a charming, sleekly modern apartment that could be perfectly at home in New York City; tastefully decorated in a clean, contemporary, if not minimalist style. Our bed was extremely comfortable and, thanks to the newly installed double windows, the room was super quiet. The bathroom was beautifully remodeled and the shower was great. The location was perfect -- about three blocks away from the Roman and Augustan Forums and in a lively, beautiful area.

Giuseppe is a terrific host, fluent in English, and perfectly charming. Thanks to his intimate knowledge of and love for Rome, he was able to point us to some really excellent restaurants and sights that we would probably not have experienced on our own. Cibele will definitely be our "go-to" place on our next visit to Rome. Thanks, Giuseppe!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Enviro99

NO WORDS can express of much grateful I am for this amazing review!!!
You have highlighted all the main features that characterize Cibele and, moreover, you have spent such amazing words for myself and my passion as well...really I don't know how to thank you!!!
I hope I will have the pleasure and honor of being your host again in the future...

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Cibele. The owner Giuseppe was an excellent host; he helped us with transpo, tours, hooked us up with good places to shop and eat, etc. Our room was big, clean, quiet, and safe, with a great bathroom. To note, the shower was about 4 ft square, glass enclosed and had a rain head. The B&B layout is also good in that it consists of three separate, private rooms (each with their own bathroom), centered around a common eating/meeting area. This place is perfect for three couples, or a family needing 3 separate rooms. This B&B is located a 10 min walk to the Colosseum. We just can't say enough about Giuseppe and his awesome B&B. We look forward to staying here whenever we are in Rome.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
gidima79, Owner at Cibele Bed&Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Mike and Victoria,

You have been a wonderful guests....I really enjoyed your enthusiasm, your happy-go-lucky attitude, your curiosity and our chats in the morning.

Thank you very much for the wonderful and detailed description of Cibele and her features, especially for highlighting the comfortable shower!

I hope to see you soon again...maybe in California :)

Take Care,

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Guiseppe helped to make our first trip to Rome really special back in September. From arranging an airport pick up for us to recommending an amazing Sicilian restaurant he provided the warmest of welcomes. His attentiveness and willingness to go the extra mile was really appreciated and we loved every minute of our stay! His home is ideally located (a short walk from the Colosseum) and beautifully furnished. Hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
gidima79, Owner at Cibele Bed&Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Simon,

thank you very much for this wonderful review...I really appreciate it!

It was my great pleasure to have you here, your company was delightful and your curiosity and enthusiasm made my job really enjoyable.

Thank you again and I hope to see you soon back in Rome.

Take Care,

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I am giving this review from the desk inside the Maia room of Cibele B&B. Today is the fifth day of my week long stay at Cibele. I will be here for another two more days. All the three rooms in this historic medieval building are really nice, modern and clean. The dining room and lounge is spacious and the kitchenette well stocked with snacks & drinks. The location of Cibele is so convenient and easy walking distance to all the major tourist attractions.

Giuseppe is so knowledgeable and very helpful in providing my wife and I with useful tips and information on how to get around Rome and he even helped us to do the bookings for tours/attractions. I will certainly stay at Cibele again if I were to visit Rome again as I cannot think of any other better place to stay!

Room Tip: Go for the Maia and Egeria rooms as they are facing the streets and you get to enjoy what is going o...