“I can't imagine a better place to stay in Rome!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cibele Bed&Breakfast

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Cibele Bed&Breakfast
Ranked #122 of 3,736 Rome B&B and Inns
“I can't imagine a better place to stay in Rome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was our first time in Rome and my wife and I couldn't have imagined a better place to stay. Giuseppe is exceptionally kind and courteous. The room was beautiful and the host's attention to detail was extraordinary. If we ever return to Rome, we will most certainly stay at Cibele without hesitation.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Thom P
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Your review is amazing...and thank you for underlined the efforts made in order to give you a proper welcome!!!!

Sorry for the delayed answer and thank you so much again for this marvelous review...
Take Care and hope to see you soon,
Giuseppe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at Cibele for 3 nights in April. It was our first time in Rome and the host Giuseppe was amazing. He knows a lot about the city...what to see, what to eat, what to avoid, and he spent a lot of time explaining everything to us, which we really appreciated. The room was quiet, had very nice decor and was super clean, which is very important to us. Location is perfect too...only a couple short blocks from the coliseum and various other sites. Not too touristy at all with lots of lively restaurants and bars in the area. In summary, great b&b, great location, and great host!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
gidima79, Owner at Cibele Bed&Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
It has been an amazing experience to host you: to have enthusiastic and curious guests is what gives my job that interesting aspect that I can't find anywhere else!

Thank you very much for the detailed and beautiful description of Cibele and its surroundings and services, I really appreciate it!
I am really glad you had a nice time here and I hope to see you soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Many of the other reviews already proven that this is a real great b&b . We were late the first day in our stay. And Giuseppe, the host has been waited us more than 2hours right in front of the door steps. This shown how hospitality and caring of him. And really make both of us feel secure and feeling like we are homed.
Another surprise is , he will personalise a day trip for you to explore those hidden gem of Rome. I would not have such a fruitful trip without his advises. The location is perfectto!Feel safe walking dark in the night, many good foor around. I do not want to tell too much here, cos you wouldn't have surprises later to find how good this Cibele is.

Giuseppe putting a lot of effort in this bnb. And I think he will be expanding very soon with his genuine heart.

Lastly, our heartfelt thanks to Giuseppe ! We had great first time in rome!

gidima79, Owner at Cibele Bed&Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you very much for this wonderful review...I really appreciate it!

It was my great pleasure to have you here and to help you planning your visits...it is the best part of my job!
Your company was delightful and your curiosity and enthusiasm made my job really enjoyable.

Thank you again and I hope to see you soon back in Rome.

Take Care,
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was the perfect place to stay for my first trip to Rome and we would definitely stay here again on return. The other reviews capture how special this place is: beautiful rooms, amazing location, and Giuseppe is amazing. We stayed in 2 rooms while we were here, starting in the smaller Air room and transferred to the Water room (the Water room was booked our first two nights). We loved both rooms, the Air room is smaller and quiet, facing the courtyard and not the street. The Water room is bigger with a wonderful view of the street below and perfect for people watching. This really is an amazing place and I honestly miss being there. Giuseppe is also a very since and knowledgeable host. He knows the city, knows the history, and is just a great person to get to know. I wish I could go back there right now!

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful. We preferred the Water (or Earth) rooms facing the street, since it is so...
Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
gidima79, Owner at Cibele Bed&Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for everything: for choosing Cibele for your stay in Rome, for noticing and enjoying every little detail of this experience and for bringing such an enthusiasm and good vibes in our house!!!

I hope I will have the honor of hosting you again,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Cibele Bed&Breakfast for three nights in March. The B&B is in the Monti district of Rome, surrounded by ancient Roman architecture but away from the main tourist district. The street on which the B&B is situated has a really great atmosphere, full of locals chatting and drinking in the square, felt very Italian. Monti is a really nice area, away from the tourist trap restaurants and tacky souvenior shops you get a sense of what it's like to live in Rome. The B&B itself is fantastic. The rooms have high wooden beamed ceilings and are really nicely decorated with some great features. Both Water and Earth rooms are huge, way bigger than we expected for central Rome. Big bathrooms too. The rooms have two sets of double glazed windows one inside the other, and then shutters on the outside too so the rooms are extremely quiet. Giuseppe made us feel really welcome, gave us a great map and marked on loads of his recommendations which we tried some of and they were fantastic. The breakfast was good, Giuseppe clearly has to comply with regulations regarding individual packaging of bread and pastries but has not skimped on anything. Loads of juice, yoghurt, fresh fruit, ham, cheese and fresh milk in the fridge. All in all we had a brilliant trip and would recommend this B&B to anyone visiting Rome. Thank you Giuseppe!

• Stayed March 2014
gidima79, Owner at Cibele Bed&Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you so much for this amazing and detailed review and description of Cibele and our services!

It has been a real pleasure knowing you...
I hope I will have in the future occasion of having you here again and host you with even more care...

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We found Cibele B&B perfect for our 3 night stay in Rome. The owner Guiseppe met us at the entrance, carried our bags up the stairs, showed us to our room then gave a 'beginners guide to Rome' chat about where to go first and various restaurants to try (all of which were lovely).
Despite the wet weather (umbrellas provided!) we visited all the sites on our list and more, thanks to Guiseppe's recommendations/suggestions. All in all a fab city break in a fab B&B with a friendly, knowledgable owner. Thank you, we shall be back.
Amy & Roy

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Amymatthews2014
gidima79, Owner at Cibele Bed&Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you very much for the kind words and the beautiful review.
It has been my great pleasure to host you and help you in enjoying your stay here in Rome.

I hope that I will have occasion to host you and share interesting moments with you again...

Thank you very much again for everything, your company, your enthusiasm and your kindness.

Take Care,
G
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

The greatest compliment I can pay is to say that I would go back to Rome just to stay at Cibele again! I was met outside the traditional wooden door, right on a busy street and then through and up the old mable staircase to the apartment above. It's been beautifully transformed into a completely quiet, light and airy space. Guiseppe quiet, knowledgable and determined to ensure that you know where to go to eat, to see specific sights and also he has so much extra information which you'd never get from a month of reading books!
So pefectly clean, typically fabulous Italian bathroom en suite. Breakfast is DIY which suited me perfectly but with Guiseppe on hand to explain the wonders of the wonderful coffee machine!
It's 10 minutes walk from the Colosseum (if that) and surrounded by chuches, lovely shops, restaurants and cafes and just has a lovely safe feel.
This is my first ever review, it's not something I 'do' but in this case I fee it's my way of saying thank you for just making my first trip to Rome so perfect.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Anne H
gidima79, Owner at Cibele Bed&Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Anne,

I am speechless...this review is amazing!!!
I am flattered for these superlative words and honored to have had the pleasure of meeting you!

To host you and show you the city has been a wonderful experience: with your enthusiasm and curiosity you gave me the opportunity for discovering again the Eternal City.

I hope I will have this pleasure again in the future...
In the meanwhile I wish you all the best!
G