“Fantastic Place”

Black and White Suite
Ranked #110 of 1,170 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My wife and I just spent three wonderful nights at the Black and White Suite in Rome. We booked it based on the great reviews on this site, and we weren't disappointed. Two days before we arrived, we received an e-mail from Martina who helped us arrange a taxi from the airport at a great rate, and greeted us at the B&B. The room was clean, spacious, and modern, and a located in the heart of the Jewish neighbourhood. It's a stone's throw from all the major tourist attractions which is a major plus for Rome, as it's a large city and being close to the big sites can save lots of time commuting around. Our next trip to Rome will definitely include a stay at the Black and White Suite!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We booked this apartment on the strength of previous Tripadvisor reviews and weren't disappointed. The apartment is spotlessly clean, bright and comfortable. It couldn't be better located, we walked to all the attractions easily and found several excellent cafes and restaurants close by. Martina was great to deal with and Noel keeps the place immaculate.

On arrival Martina met us with the keys and showed us round. The breakfast is a mixture of cakes/pastries and fresh fruit. The fridge is stocked with beer, wine, milk, water and fruit juice. We ate out during our visit but there were adequate facilities if you wanted to cook.

The large double bed was comfortable, the pillows perhaps a little too hard for some. The children slept on the double sofa in the lounge which was fine.

All in all an wonderful place to stay, would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank db9wishes
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

These rooms were exactly as expected. Clean and modern and roomy. Martina was a great help! Easy to contact and communicate with! Location is good, lots of food and sights nearby. Only downfall is distance to subway line.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My parents and I stayed there for one week, while preparing for my wedding in Rome. The apartment is very clean and bright, serviced and food stocked everyday. On my wedding day, I had four girls getting ready together, as the common room is very spacious and bright. Both Martina and Noel were very kind and accommodating to all our needs. Martina even went out of her way to help my parents with storing their luggage while they traveled to southern Italy after the wedding.
I would highly recommend this apartment to all of my friends and family for their future visits to Rome!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Fantastic location, a stonethrow from all the sights of the city and Trastevere, yet ththis area still has an authentic, less touristy feel to it. Martina is an excellent host, rooms are clean and spacious (which is a rare find in Rome), good price/quality value. Martina suggested to go for an aperitivo at Beppe e i suoi formaggi next door - great experience. Wonderful cheeses and cured meets and a good wine selection. Next door you'll also find nice cafes and a great bakery with the best ricotta pastries. As you're in the middle of the Jewish neighbourhood, I would also reccomend to visit the synagogue. Marvellous interior and interesting, albeit a bit short guided tours. We will definitely return to black & white suite!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Everything about our stay at the black and white suites was fantastic. Martina ( the owner) was helpful and always contactable if we had and questions, she also suggested some fantastic places to eat in the are that we're not full of tourists! The bed was comfy and the room was large and in a great location to all the sights, could not have asked for anything more.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My stay at Black & White Suites in Rome was exceptional:

- I received prompt replies to my questions before I booked
- Once I booked, Martina (the owner) gave me clear instructions to check in
- I was greeted on time at the apartment
- The location of the apartment was ideal: very central & steps away from many attractions (Campo di Fiori, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, etc.)
- The apartment was very clean, and it was cleaned every day.
- I even got help with my suitcase and to find a taxi when I left

My stay in Rome was great. Black & White Suites made it even better.

Guy