“Excellent choice!”
Review of Gavius Restaurant

Gavius Restaurant
Reserve with
Save up to 25% when you reserve online *
Gavius Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,134 of 12,448 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$29 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Gavius restaurant serves old Italian recipes, traditional dishes and international cuisine to create a timeless menu in a modern and colorful setting.
Milan, Italy
“Excellent choice!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Gavius proved to be a really good choice, especially in the area of the EUR. Even though I arrived quite late, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The complimentary sparkling wine glass I received definitely helped, too.

I had a beef tartare as a starter, and the meat seemed to be rather fresh, even though not as fresh as it could have been. As a main course I had a tuna fillet, which was cooked very nicely and tasted great.

Really good choice if you are in the area!

• Visited June 2014

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“A great way to spend Valentines”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

When reviewing restaurants prior to our trip this one really caught the eye so we booked our Valentines meal here. We were not disappointed.
It's worth noting that Gavius doesn't open until 7 30 but does accept bookings prior to that so if you do book a table at 7 for instance, you end up waiting in the Novotel bar next door.
There was a Valentines set menu which was all fish based which made a really nice change. The quality of the ingredients used for the price it was served was superb value for money. A couple of standouts in this 7 course meal included 4 King Prawns wrapped in crispy potato strings (not the technical term I'm sure) and the broccoli risotto with fish (I think it was red snapper but can't remember).
The ultimate highlight for me is when I said I wouldn't be able to eat the lobster filled pasta due to a hatred of cheese (always causes me problems), they made a lobster and pasta plate with a simple tomato sauce instead which was not only delicious but an amazing gesture as I was prepared to just skip the course entirely.
From the start the service was some of the most friendly and hospitable I have come across in Italy and if we visit Rome again, we will definitely come back to try out their everyday menu as well.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank David_Seymour1990
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Not the best!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I booked this restaurant for a Valentines diner and whilst our meal was recovered from the disaster that began I can say that I would never eat here again.
Miles out of the centre of Rome in a hotel Gavius was not what the reviews led me to belive.
It would appear that on Valentines day in Rome you eat fish! So we were given a set menu of fish to say I was dissapointed was an understatement, however they did change the menu for me when they saw how upset we were.
The food we were served was of a decent quality but to have a large slab of meat without any vega tables was pretty odd.
The highlight of the meal was the antipasto starter but from then on it went down hill. Beware if you book this resturant for a special occasion that you can get the food that their web site tells you it serves.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Lippy48
Rome, Italy
“The best place to feast in Rome”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

What better place to experience Italian cuisine, at the same time immerse oneself in its culture, but in the city filled with such rich history, Rome. Among the much sought-after restaurants is Gavius. In my opinion, the location was a bit of a surprise and gave off the impression of modesty. Nevertheless, their food is absolutely delectable and they have remarkable choices for wine. A major plus was their very personal and well-meaning staff. They seemed very knowledgeable of what they were serving, even being very kind to suggest the type of wine that we might want to match with our meals.

• Visited December 2013
Warsaw, Poland
“Squisito!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My best dinner in Rome so far! Loved the quality and taste of food, as well as the presentation, which made the dinner particularly memorable and enjoyable! Thank you, Mirko!!!

• Visited January 2014