“Could be not bad, but doesn't quite get that good.”
Review of Wine bar Tamara

Wine bar Tamara
Ranked #9,526 of 12,875 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The heavens opened as only they can in Italy and we, along with the rest of the tourists in Rome went looking for sanctuary in an indoor restaurant. We happened on the Tamara Wine Bar.

The welcome was as cold as ice from the Hollywood blonde on the front desk. If she'd chewed gum she could have been in a Raymond Chandler movie. However, we went downstairs and were greeted by a superb brunette who delivered the food and wine brilliantly. The food is standard Italian fare but the wine list by the glass is excellent.

I popped to the loo and there was no toilet seat no toilet paper.

Hmmmmm

And then they pissed me off by making me wait 15 minutes to pay and adding 10% service to the bill. I told them to remove it which pissed the blonde off even more. Why on earth is someone who dislikes people so much working in a customer facing role? The owner's wife maybe?

If I were him I'd do the math and work out that it would be cheaper to leave her at home.

1  Thank Cookiemonster171

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The food was ok for what it was - but definitely wasn't worth the money. We were overcharged on the bill and a 10% tip was automatically added which I find rude as the service and the overall experience wasn't great. Won't be returning anytime soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

You will pop in to many little bars and restaurants in Rome. Most are tourist traps, that we know, so we usually choose one that looks inviting with nice decor and friendly staff. This bar had all of these ingredients.

2  Thank Patricia S
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Very expensive and very basic food,
The service was not good when I called the girl to come over and she shout from the other side of the restaurant 'what you want'.
My last night in Rome wasn't supposed to be like that.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

After spending 5 nights in Rome it was easy to conclude that this restaurant had the best pizza. The prices were reasonable and the quality was fantastic. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere was pleasant due to the decorations and the distance from the street (as we sat inside). The restaurant is in a nice location however sitting indoors guarantees that you will not be bothered by street sellers.

I believe that this restaurant is certainly worth visiting.

Been to Wine bar Tamara? Share your experiences!