I just came home from this B&B this morning. I stayed here with my boyfriend for 5 nights.
The B&B takes up a floor of an apartment block so it is relatively small - not that this was an issue, but I think they only have 6/8 rooms in total.
The exterior of the building and the lift up to the 3rd floor are both a little off putting, but they are not a reflection of the B&B so don't worry!
We were welcomed by a man that we only saw once during our stay, but he was very friendly and came into our room with us to show us how everything worked.
The next day we met Lucy and Alessandro and they both speak really good English and are both really friendly and welcoming people.
Breakfast is served from 7.30am - 10.30am ... one morning we didn't wake up in time for breakfast and Lucy rung the phone in our room to see if we wanted room service instead which I thought was very nice of her. She also rung us in the early hours of the morning when we left to make sure we were awake - also very kind of her!
The beds are comfy, the television is very big and runs SKY, (and we found out you can change most of the dubbed channels back to the original English language, which was nice!)
There is a safety deposit box, windows that block out noise from the outside well, (the road outside is quite noisy with traffic and for some reason the dustbin man came round every night at about 11.30pm and sometimes past midnight which was very noisy). Didn't hear any noise from neighbours next door.
Jacuzzi bath was lovely! (You have to make sure the bath water is covering all the Jacuzzi ports before it works by the way!)
Only a few problems/suggestions I would make about this B&B:
- When you arrive you are given a set of keys including about 4/5 keys - everyday it was quite difficult to distinguish which key was for which door so I would recommend they put colour tabs or something on the keys to make this easier.
- Our minibar was warm the whole time we were there, although we did ask the man on our first day if it could get fixed - but it never did :( would have been handy to have the fridge cold for our bottles of water.
- The key for the safe we such a pain to slot into the keyhole everyday! It has a keypad too, but for some reason you have to use the key and this was quite infuriating every morning.
- Watch out for the toilet - I am not sure their exact rules as the instructions above the toilet may not be translated into English very well, but we had a few 'issues' with their plumbing system and apparently you are meant to put toilet paper in the bin instead of down the toilet? Very weird but I suppose you have to follow their rules!
- Every time we turned on the tap or the shower, the water tank would make a weird noise, and sometimes it would make this noise in the middle of the night which was quite annoying - dodgy plumbing system maybe?
- The times of breakfast seemed to differ on a couple of days, even though on the welcome card in the room its specifies the times and so surely it should stick to these times.
The above comments make the B&B sound bad - but we really didn't have any major problems and it was a perfect, modern room only about 5 minute walk away from the Vatican and town and bus stops. Would recommend a stay here due to friendly staff, modern interior and location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maison Candia Luxury House is without a doubt the perfect solution for an extra special experience in Rome.This Luxury House located right in the centre of Rome, perfectly combines the professionalism and hospitality of staff with sophisticated interior design.Located just 50 metres from the entrance to the Vatican Museums, less than 100 metres from renowned shopping streets such as Via Ottaviano, Cola di Rienzo and Piazza Risorgimento and just 500 metres from St. Peter's Basilica.Candia offers various room types and arrangements and knows how to welcome its guests in the best possible way, with style, elegance, and skill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Maison Candia Luxury House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.