All reviews top floor place to stay within walking distance great location reception metro
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Please look no further than the Colosseoin. It is in a fantastic location with a view from the window onto the main street where there is always something happening. Shut the windows and there is absolute quiet for sleeping. The terrace has views of the Colosseum and its fantastic to just sit and relax and soak in the view. Janine, the owner, speaks perfect English and her hospitality is amazing. She will go out of her way to help with tours, taxis etc. She organised a fantastic pushbike ride through all the backstreets for us to show us the best of Rome without the typical tourist bus. I will remember my stay in Rome forever thanks to her hospitality. She also organised and paid for a tour on our behalf of a tour of the Sistine Chapel with no wait on our return before our flight home. The rooms are amazingly clean and comfortable. The expresso coffee is fantastic too! Its just perfect. Lastly Janine organized a taxi to pick us up and transport us to the train station for our trip to the Amalfi Coast. Nothing is too much trouble for her.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank sueireland2013
Janine_Yp, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Colosseo In, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Sue,

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy when you are happy.
It is our pleasure to help you to get the most out of your visit to Rome.

You have already booked your next stay at COLOSSEO IN and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Arrivederci a Roma!

Reviewed 4 July 2013

This is the perfect B&B, very clean with modern interior and appliances. Location cannot be better, just a short walk to the forum and coliseum. Janine is the best host ever, very warm, genuinely kind and helpful and attentive to details. My daughters and I really felt at home. Thank you so much for all the nice attentions. We especially enjoyed the first breakfast upon arrival on the little terrace overlooking the coliseum and splendid view of the sunrise on the city roofs. We hope to come back soon !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank frenchconnection88
Janine_Yp, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Colosseo In, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Dear French Connection,
Thank you for your kind words and it pleases us to hear that you and your daughters have fond memories of your stay with us.
You observed it right that I thorougly enjoy meeting people from all kinds of different countries and that my aim is to make them feel at home away from home. So when you tell us that you felt at home that is just wonerful.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

What a wonderful find. Janine could not have been more helpful. She arranged for train tickets, car pick up at the airport saving us money, cabs arriving at the door, tours etc. and all with a smile. Great location, colosseum just around the corner. Don't be fooled by the outside, interior brand new and done first class. She was in constant contact via email for all arrangements. It was on oasis after a long hot day of touring. If I'm in Rome again this is we're I will stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vt-Jack
Janine_Yp, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Colosseo In, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear VT_Jack,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is because of people like you that it is easy for us to keep going and to do our best to have the happiest guests.
It was a pleasure taking good care of you and arranging what ever you needed and we are looking forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed in the violet room. Absolutely lovely. WiFi connection was great. This guesthouse is spotless and very private. Janine was a great help; even going so far as arranging tickets and reservations for outings. I didn't realize that I needed a reservation for the Borghese Gallery so she organized everything. A real gem.

Room Tip: I liked the lovely violet room even thought it was on the other side of the Colosseum view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shelly O
Janine_Yp, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Colosseo In, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Shelly O,

Thank you for your nice words. Taking good care of you was our pleasure.
For what the Wi-Fi is concerned: we once had problems directing a guest to the repeaters situated in the corridor, but we have learned and now we ask our guests to connect to the EXT and all is fine.
We look forward to welcoming you again as you said you will have to come back soon to finish/redo your tour of the Galleria Borghese.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I was traveling to Rome with my family for the first time. We didn't have to worry about a thing, transportation to and from the airport was arranged for us, tours of the Vatican and the colosseum were set up and we just had to meet our guide and it was the best tour I have ever been on. The rooms were extremely clean and very nice. The bathroom was a good size and clean as well. The location was amazing, within walking distance to everything! It was quiet at night so we were alike to get a good nights rest. When I return to Rome someday this is the only place I will stay, the price is very good and well worth our money. It was a very fun experience with everything taken care of for us and a beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in the triple room, great view, we each had a single bed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Emily218
Janine_Yp, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Colosseo In, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time describing our structure. We are aiming at hosting happy and satisfied guests and we want to take very good care of them. So to know that you were pleased with the service provided only gives us more energy to try and do well. Organizing your transfers and tours was a pleasure.
Thank you for calling us "The Best Place to Stay in Rome"!