“Terrible Service - NOT a B&B”
Review of Casa Ding

Casa Ding
and 1 more site!
Casa Ding
Ranked #2,781 of 3,621 Rome B&B and Inns
Turin, Piemonte, Italy
“Terrible Service - NOT a B&B”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This place should not be considered a B&B. We booked this place due to the affordability, location, breakfast included, and english-speaking staff. When we arrived, no one spoke any english. At all. The staff was pleasant, but not helpful. We also did not expect the tourist tax to be as high as it was. Online, it noted a 2euro tourist tax. We ended up having to pay 12. We arrived later than we told them, and our room still was not ready for us. We came back a few hours later, and we found that the person cleaning was smoking a cigarette while they did so. The entire area smelled terrible and was not very clean at all. Breakfast was not provided the first 2 days we were there, and when it was provided the next few days, it was packaged snacks and juice boxes. I realize that in Italy you should not expect much more than croissants and coffee for breakfast, but it was absolutely ridiculous.
There was also a lot of issues with my credit card being overcharged. The night before we arrived, I was charged over 200euro from the hotel. My room only cost 150euro and I was supposed to pay in cash upon arrival. They ended up taking the charge off. However, when I returned from Rome, I checked my bank and they had charged an extra 50euro to my card. I called and they informed me that since I did not show up, so they charged me the first night's stay. Naturally, I was very upset because I paid them in full previously because I stayed for a few nights. After a while, they realized the mistake, but took almost 2 weeks to refund my 50euro. It was all a huge pain to deal with.
I do not recommend this place whatsoever.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends