“Worst place I have ever stayed”
Review of Casa Ding

Casa Ding
Casa Ding
Ranked #2,827 of 3,669 Rome B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Worst place I have ever stayed”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I selected this hotel because it was around 50 EUR per day. Which is not very cheap but still under my budget.
But I will not stay in this place if it is even free. You are risking you life. No basic service, no breakfast, no tv, no cleaning and no new towel are few among the many problem this place got. Also there are few health hazards:
1. The bathroom of the room has a big crack on the wall. It can fall on your head any time.
2. There were spiders and insects all around the room. My wife was bitten by one of those and had pain all morning.
3. Although it says AC is there but it was without an adaptor plug. So can’t use the AC. The room is on ground floor and the only window directly opens on the busy road. So you can’t keep that open during night. But if you close it you suffocate as there is no air inside room.
Staying at this place completely ruined our Rome trip as we couldn’t sleep at night.
Don’t go by any picture or the facilities it says. It is all lie.
Avoid at any cost.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank eurtraveler

Business
Turin, Piemonte, Italy
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This place should not be considered a B&B. We booked this place due to the affordability, location, breakfast included, and english-speaking staff. When we arrived, no one spoke any english. At all. The staff was pleasant, but not helpful. We also did not expect the tourist tax to be as high as it was. Online, it noted a 2euro tourist tax. We ended up having to pay 12. We arrived later than we told them, and our room still was not ready for us. We came back a few hours later, and we found that the person cleaning was smoking a cigarette while they did so. The entire area smelled terrible and was not very clean at all. Breakfast was not provided the first 2 days we were there, and when it was provided the next few days, it was packaged snacks and juice boxes. I realize that in Italy you should not expect much more than croissants and coffee for breakfast, but it was absolutely ridiculous.
There was also a lot of issues with my credit card being overcharged. The night before we arrived, I was charged over 200euro from the hotel. My room only cost 150euro and I was supposed to pay in cash upon arrival. They ended up taking the charge off. However, when I returned from Rome, I checked my bank and they had charged an extra 50euro to my card. I called and they informed me that since I did not show up, so they charged me the first night's stay. Naturally, I was very upset because I paid them in full previously because I stayed for a few nights. After a while, they realized the mistake, but took almost 2 weeks to refund my 50euro. It was all a huge pain to deal with.
I do not recommend this place whatsoever.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank amberf926

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels