“Can't say i was impressed so much” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 777 Dessert in Rome
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Vatican / Borgo
Description: Home-made ice cream in the center of Rome, few steps from St.Peter's square. Besides the ice cream you can enjoy: pastries,fresh fruit smoothies,milkshakes, slushies and crepes.
Komotini, Greece
“Can't say i was impressed so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I had read the reviews and the rating of l'arena Del gelato before I visited the gelato shop, when I was at st. Peter's area, therefore I had great expectations.
All in all, I can't say I was impressed so much. Yes the ice cream is good, but definitely not the best I have eaten. And in my opinion, the main drawback of the shop is that it doesn't have a very big variety of tastes.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shreveport, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Gelato in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I have eaten gelato here almost every day for a month. It is so good. I especially like the coconut and pistachio. The staff is so friendly and helpful. I am here for school and did an anthropology project on gelato and the staff even let me interview them for my project. The place is very clean. The gelato is consistent and delicious.

1 Thank impactanalyst
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best gelato in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Spent 12 days in Italy and on our last leg in Rome lived very close to this gelato place. During our stay we ate almost 3 gelatos a day and trust me this place had the best ever icecream. the coconut icecream is to die for....
If ever visiting the Vatican in Rome this gelato place is just down Borgio Pio infact you need to walk down to the end of the road and it is located on the right hand side of the street.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lynnie2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Best gelato near the vatican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very nice gelato, definitely the top 2 in rome. I went here several times during my stay. Also the milkshakes were very nice. The service is very good and the staff very friendly compared to other italian shops and restaurants. I'll definitely drop by next time I'm in Rome.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Amsterdamert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best gelato in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This gelato was amazing, the dark chocolate was incredibly rich but not over powering. The fruity gelato was made using real fruit on site. And the owners, they were the nicest people in Rome! So kind the son p (who was there each and everyday) is trilingual and so kind! They always give you as much as they possibly can in the cone or cup, and never forget the cream! Best place for gelato in Rome, hands down

Visited May 2014