“Nice ice cream!”

Price range: US$2 - US$6
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Vatican / Borgo
Description: Home-made Gelato Family Business in the heart of Vatican area... High quality products,passion and attitude for the clients in a clean environment. We are waiting you, its not only a gelato but its an experience.
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I found this place by accident after trying to go to the Ottaviano metro station. The man that served was very nice but since I tried similar tasting flavors, it was like I only ordered one flavor. It was nice though!

1  Thank John Z

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I had read the reviews and the rating of l'arena Del gelato before I visited the gelato shop, when I was at st. Peter's area, therefore I had great expectations.
All in all, I can't say I was impressed so much. Yes the ice cream is good, but definitely not the best I have eaten. And in my opinion, the main drawback of the shop is that it doesn't have a very big variety of tastes.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I have eaten gelato here almost every day for a month. It is so good. I especially like the coconut and pistachio. The staff is so friendly and helpful. I am here for school and did an anthropology project on gelato and the staff even let me interview them for my project. The place is very clean. The gelato is consistent and delicious.

1  Thank impactanalyst
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Spent 12 days in Italy and on our last leg in Rome lived very close to this gelato place. During our stay we ate almost 3 gelatos a day and trust me this place had the best ever icecream. the coconut icecream is to die for....
If ever visiting the Vatican in Rome this gelato place is just down Borgio Pio infact you need to walk down to the end of the road and it is located on the right hand side of the street.

1  Thank Lynnie2013
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very nice gelato, definitely the top 2 in rome. I went here several times during my stay. Also the milkshakes were very nice. The service is very good and the staff very friendly compared to other italian shops and restaurants. I'll definitely drop by next time I'm in Rome.

1  Thank Amsterdamert