“Very central”
Review of Hotel Concordia

Hotel Concordia
Ranked #678 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 10 February 2013

This hotel was so central that traveling alone was lovely.. The room was small but perfect for sleeping. Who spends any extra time in the room anyway when you are in Rome?! It was walking distance to many of the famous landmarks especially the lovely Trevi Fountain!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Concordia

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I statyed at the Hotel Concordia on Jan 2, 2013, when I first walked in I said to myself OMG, what have I done, then when I got to the elevator I said again OMG, OMG because it was so small I had to turn sideways to fit me and one piece of luggage. I got to my room, it was small and after coming of of a cruise ship with a mini suite I was blown away.

Its not a 5 star hotel, but the rooms were clean, I had a problem with my room and it was taken care of, the male manager moved me to another room which was fine. The hotel is in the center of Rome walking distance from everything, the Trevi fountain was walking distance and the Spanish steps was steps away.

The breakfast wasnt bad either, very basic, yogurt, boiled eggs, rolls, milk and cereal, coffee, juice.

It was a bargain right in the heart of Rome, because all I needed was a clean room to sleep and shower and it was. There is a great chinese restaurant across the street from the hotel and Mcdonald's is close by also. There are a lot of italian restaurants and bars within walking distance and across the street to.

There is an internet cafe that charges 3 euros for 1 hour of internet right around the corner very convienent. The hotel offers free wifi, you cant beat that.

This hotel is great if you need a place to stay thats in the heart of Rome and reasonably priced. I can say if I needed to I would stay here again.

Debbie Dean

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 405 after being moved from room 503 it was a lot better
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank DMDEAN101
Reviewed 25 November 2012

The minute we entered Concordia we were greeted with unfriendly staff of the WORST KIND. The receptionist (who refused to tell either her name or the managers name) was an atrocious, disrespectful, unhelpful, overbearing, lying, shrieking woman. She's obviously a mental case. When we asked for some sugar, she yelled saying, Madam, this is a hotel, not a supermarket!! The breakfast was rotten, coffee cold, carpets smelly and perhaps not washed for ages, the rooms are the size of match boxes and the windows dont close properly. We left after staying one night even though we had paid the full non-refundable fare for 2 days. Horrible experience in an otherwise beautiful city.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Uttara D
Reviewed 22 November 2012

We stayed for the October bank holiday weekend. Upon arrival in the reception area I knew we made a mistake. It was very makeshift, the airconditioner unit was made covered up with what looks like pallet wood and the receptionist had a heater and boxes placed around the desk. Our room was on facing the road.do not expect to get much sleep, our friend stayed in same hotel with us they had a view of pipes. The rooms are the smallest ones I have stayed in a very long time and by UK or Ireland standards I would say it was the size of a very large bathroom. You could not put suitcase on the floor as you could not open the lid fully. The bathroom I have taken pictures the shower unit had black mold and also the walls.The breakfast area is down in the basement. The only thing fresh is the breads and coffee(maybe a boiled egg). everything else is packaged or put out from a proccessed package.Nothing to talk about. Also avoid the Sofias restaurant accross the road a rip of and overpriced. On a positve note the hotel is very central and a good location.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GalwayGretta
Reviewed 20 November 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel Concordia for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. It's about a 5 minute walk from the Bernini metro station (if you have luggage I would recommend spending the 5 euros on a taxi as the sidewalks are narrow, only 10 euros from Termini station). We spent our days walking from the hotel to the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon and even the Vatican, everything was within a 5-40 minute walk, very convenient!

The front desk was also quite helpful and held our luggage for half a day when we checked out.

When we first arrived we were a bit concerned because we were told that we were staying in the hotel across the street, however, our room was excellent and faced the street and there was a bottle of sparkling wine waiting for us which was a bonus. The bathroom was beautiful with a rain shower and a modern hair dryer. We thought the room would be noisy, but it was only loud outside if we had the window open, once closed it was pretty sound proof. The breakfast was extremely basic, but the coffee was great and the breakfast room is on the top floor with a beautiful terrace that looks onto the street.

Also, the Hotel across the street (Hotel Pincio) which they sent us to had 2 elevators, 1 to get you to the first level and another to take you higher than that. The first elevator is a little small but my 6'5" boyfriend and myself managed to fit with all of our luggage squeezed in. It was quick though, so two trips wouldn't be outrageous. The second elevator is a bit bigger and was a more comfortable ride.

All in all, we had a great time using this hotel as a base for our wanderings in Rome and we would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Hotel Pincio across the street, their sister hotel, is great. The street facing rooms are particula...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JacquieT
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights during September 2012. The location is ideal and within walking distance of almost all the major attractions in Rome. We walked to Trevi Fountains, Spanish Steps, Vatican City and the Colosseum. There are many restaurants around the area as well. The hotel room was tiny. The bathroom was almost the size of the room. If you have more than one suitcase each you would have difficulty fitting them in the room. There is a lift but if you are a bit claustrophic as I am then it could be a problem. The lift will take just one person and one piece of luggage. I walked up and down the stairs! Breakfast was basic and was served in a room right at the bottom of the hotel. There is an area at the top of the hotel that was previously used and I am not sure why it was not used while we were there. It would have been much nicer to have breakfast outside. The staff were generally very helpful and polite and advised on places to eat and what transport would be best to the airport. Overall it was a good stay just dont expect much space.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LynetteB2
Reviewed 3 November 2012

My husband and I booked a room for our honeymoon at the Hotel Concordia in Italy in part because of it's fantastic location near the Spanish Steps and because the booking details stated that the room had a view overlooking the city. When we arrived and got to our room, the windows opened onto a view of some pipes. We asked if we were given the right room, showed the desk clerk the booking confirmation that said our room was to have a view of the city, and we were told that they only had one other room available. We looked at that room and the windows opened up to a view of a small street. Not a "city" view as we'd been expecting. Despite our disappointment, we were told there was nothing they could do for us so we just had to live with it. This hotel was not worth the price for what we got and we believe we could have had a better hotel and better experience for the same money in the same area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple