“Great Location”

Ranked #60 of 1,094 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Los Angeles, California
“Great Location”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We got the room with a bathroom and it was cleaned every day. Breakfast was enough and location is perfectly close to Termini Station. Bring a small lock for the locker which could fit one backpack. The staff was friendly and helpful.
I will stay here again next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Couples
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was very impressed with this hostel. The location is perfect, the staff is very warm and helpful, it's adorable, and best of all it is so clean and well kept. Check in was easy, and they give you a lot of great tips for sight seeing. There is a cute little terrace where I enjoyed the complementary breakfast in the morning. The day I checked out I wasn't leaving until later so they allowed me to keep my luggage in the lockers until I needed it in the evening. They even let me leave my leftovers in the refrigerator and come back to eat it after I had checked out. I felt safe, secure, comfortable, and welcome - I'd highly recommend!
To note: there is no sign for Hostella along the street (via Gaeta), so pay attention to the numbers and once you see the number for Hostella you will find yourself at a large brown door. You will see that you need to ring them on the buzzer to the right of the door and they will let you in. Although it confused me at first I really appreciated it because I felt extra safe being somewhat hidden.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chelsea W
salettes
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Hostella is my home away from home in Rome, probably my fourth or fith stay. It is very well located two blocks away from Termini on the safe side of the station, buses, metro, trains are two minutes away to any destinations. Cafes, restaurants, supermarket, Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri just down the road. The rooms are nice, clean, spacious, not cramped. The bathrooms are large, extremely clean with a hairdryer at our disposal. There is a practical kitchen for cooking pasta or... it's a nice spot to meet other travellers. Two computers are available plus wifi in the rooms. Nice Italian breakfast is offered every morning. Smokers and non-smokers can eat, drink, read, chit chat, look at the moon on the outside terrace. Every member of the staff is extremely friendly, helpful and accomodating and I will never thank them enough for their warm welcome. Guess what? I highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Paris, France
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hostel is a good choice for young women travelling alone who aren't looking for too much excitement. It's very clean and safe and it fulfills all of my own minimal requirements. It also has a pretty good breakfast (though if you are used to croissants in France, you will be disappointed), a kitchen, and a patio which is a nice place relax. The area around Termini can be a bit dodgy, but there's plenty going on. The hostel was very quiet and I personally didn't find it very easy to meet the others. I thought breakfast was significantly too early: they stop serving at 9:30, but the receptionist let me take a leftover croissant and a glass of juice when I showed up around 10. The staff are quite nice. When I arrived, one of them gave me about fifty suggestions of things to do and places to eat when I asked. She was very helpful. The bunk beds were less than ideal: the top bunk felt wobbly and difficult to get up to and on the bottom bunk there wasn't quite enough space to sit up in bed. I would stay here again, but it probably wouldn't be my first choice.

Room Tip: Room 6 (4 bed dorm) opens onto the balcony.