“Best food (Veal) I've ever!! had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elle Effe Restaurant

Elle Effe Restaurant
Ranked #1,166 of 12,045 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$10 - US$54
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Roodepoort, South Africa
“Best food (Veal) I've ever!! had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We are South Africans, and obviously compare all the food to our cuisine. We had the best Veal (stuffed with capers, cheese, tomato.....) EVER, we can recommend Elle Effe to anyone wanting to enjoy, lovely food, friendly service and relaxing time in Rome. (Oh yes, not only is the Veal good, you can try their fish, pasta and all other dishes as well).

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“Don't Eat Here unless you want to be ripped off!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just had a meal at this restaurant with my wife while visiting Rome.
Essentially the waiter and restaurant runs a scam and it goes like this.
My wife wanted the 1/2 Lobster with Pasta, at Euro 23, but the waiter suggested it could be done grilled with potato and tomatoes, to which she agreed.
When it arrived it was a whole lobster, so I figured Euro 46 maybe 50 at the worst.
When the Bill finally arrived after we waited 20 minutes for it, what was the cost of the Lobster, Euros 80!!!!!
I paid the Bill so as not to embarrass my wife but proceeded to have words with the restaurants resident "Spruker". My complaint was listened to with the most sincere face possible which really didn't calm the situation.
I tried to explain that my only complaint is that IF you are going to suggest changing a dish, and it's price, and in fact doubling it's size you should advise the Patron accordingly.
Both the Spruker and the Waiter then had the affront to tell me that it was my responsibility to ask what the price was.
This beggars belief! Suddenly the Patron is responsible and should be clairvoyant.
All I wanted was that they accept responsibility for their actions, no money needed to be refunded, but no, it is some how my fault.
This restaurant has the worst business ethics that I have ever encounted in 30 years of travelling the world.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Greg W
Filippo P, Direttore at Elle Effe Restaurant, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
I'm disappointed for you . But the jumbo lopster will cost 120 euro a kilo ! Is not nice to asc the costumer if you can pay the price . So you andestant as ?? You never asc the server for the price. Is alaut for you ask the server for the price. We have a lot of dishes autside from the menu . And nobody ask the price... Becaus al the customer nous det the dishes autside from the menu is also expensive. And don't forget we are her for sale. Wan you andestant the worts.... Pleas cancel your coment. I'm worry happy dat the meal was gut and tasty. Thank you for you compressive .
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Great food, portions and service . You pay a little more compared to similar restaurants although you can tell the quality is there.

Highly recommend the homemade focaccia with oils to start!

Tokyo, Japan
“Authentic Sicilian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Authentic dishes, fresh seafood. Excellent service. Tried the house special sea bass.. I usually don't like fish but it was quite tasty.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Denver, Colorado
“Elle effe is fantastico ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Please go to Elle effe. The best service, the best meal. Carbonara is fantastic. If you want a relaxed atmosphere and fantastic food come here !!!!!