Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews entrance to the vatican museum minute walk ottaviano metro station will stay there again top floor visiting rome junior suite single room perfect hotel guido maps trastevere
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

In the heart of Rome to visit major sites. Insightful staff with great recommendations for your stay. Nice breakfast. Rooms are simple and clean - suited our needs perfectly. Would recommend this place for both first time visitors returning ones to Rome!

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank Penelope C
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

On arrival we had a very informative check in and the lady was really friendly. The hotel was easy to find from the metro just a few blocks. The air con was broken when we arrived but they called a mechanic and was fixed within a few hours thank god. Very good location for visiting Vatican etc. we booked online and walked straight in at 9am bypassing all the queues, plus it's cheaper!
The rooms at hearth are a hard one to explain because although they were clean and done to a fairly modern standard they didn't feel comfy, maybe I'm being fussy. They just seemed a bit basic and I expected a little more. Our biggest issue was that I'm Rome it was 34 degrees every day and although it had air conditioning these were in the window behind the curtains so in the night it got so hot but if you open the curtains it's light early. It felt like the air con did nothing even when on full. I think if they were anywhere else in the room would be much better.
Breakfast was great and a very friendly waiter available at all times.
The only downside was that I booked this hotel especially for its roof terrace because I knew Rome would be busy so wanted a place to relax and quiet, however this is only available at breakfast and kept locked the remainder of the day which I didn't understand. This could be a real selling point for them as we would have ordered a bottle of wine to have up there in evenings/afternoons. It didn't state anywhere roof terrace only available for breakfast anywhere so I presumed you could chill up there.

Anyway overall a good hotel, friendly, clean and good service just a few things could make it better :-)

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rosie C
Reviewed 19 July 2016

We were so happy to be able to stumble out the exit of the Vatican Museums after a long visit and literally cross the street to our room at Hearth. Unassuming in its appearance and entrance, the hotel seemed kind of like a renovated convent-- in a good way-- like I thought I might find a nun asleep in my bed when I opened the door because it was so quiet. The room was surprisingly spacious. Spartan, but clean and modernized. The bathroom was amazing- really big and had a stand up glass shower with one of those rain heads on it. I can tell you after trekking through Rome in 90 degree heat, this felt like the best shower of my life.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Super friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfortable room- more minimal modern style than old fashioned. And lots of space. Good breakfast (great coffee) and nice little roof terrace. Right next to Vatican and not far from metro, so really easy to get around. Recommend!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Bee161
Reviewed 6 July 2016

We stayed in this hotel for 4 days from June 27 to July 1, 2016. We booked the family suite on the top floor for our family of 4 (two teenage boys). The hotel is in a great location next to the Vatican. The two rooms (2 TVs, free safe, fridge), 2 bathrooms and rooftop terrace were functional and comfortable. The breakfast room was just across the hallway with delicious Italian-style continental breakfast. The hotel offered us complimentary tickets for seats at a mass with the Pope. This was a great highlight for us. There is a supermarket and countless restaurants around the corner. You can book the hop-on-off bus in the hotel with the company Roma Christiana, Euro 20 for one day. Stop is 15 min by foot. We took this bus to get to ancient Rome: Colosseum, Palentine Hill, Forum Romanum. Buy the combo ticket for these ruin sites close to the bus stop at Palentine Hill. Shorter lines than at Colosseum. Everything else that we wanted to visit we did on foot: St. Peter' Square (10 min from hotel), Trevi fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Spanish Steps, Piazza del Popolo, Villa Borghese Gardens. No problem, just bring a water bottle that you can refill at the fountains. It's very hot in summer in Rome. It was in the 90s everyday. Restaurants don't offer tap water and no free refills. A can of soda in a restaurant costs Euro 3-7, but pizza and pasta is inexpensive. The hotel staff was very friendly and eager to give us all the tips, a map and the tickets to the Pope. Well done! We loved our stay and highly recommend this hotel for families (we booked the family suite 5 months out!). We felt safe at all times. Just one tip if you have small children: you might want to consider skipping the hot summer months, or tagging on a few days in a beach town after sightseeing in Rome.

Room tip: the family suite on top floor
Date of stay: June 2016