“a perfect stay in Rome”
Review of Star of Rome

Star of Rome
Ranked #54 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2013

this was our 1st trip to Rome, we booked the room online by contacting the owners through email directly with no 3rd party site. my 1st impression was very good because the communication with Michele was swift with informative instructions also i asked about the possibility of a transfer from airport to the hotel and they offered it in a very reasonable price (45 euro) considering the train ticket from airport to Termini station cost 14 euro per person. the driver was very friendly and professional and we had a very nice chat during the ride.
we arrived earlier than the proposed check-in time so the owners offered to give us another room until our room get ready but we opted to wait and have the breakfast till it get ready which took no time to be .
the room (Borghese)was exactly as been described in their website , it even exceeded my expectation. the bed and the design is elegant and very clean , spacious with couch that can turn to be an extra bed . a desk with 2 cups and Electric Kettle with coffee and tea . the bathroom was modern and very clean and hot water always there.
house keeping was done every day even we had some of our clothes thrown in bed they arranged and folded them .
they linen were changed every 2 days as been mentioned in their website although u can found an extra towels and linen in the closet.
and lets talk about breakfast, it was very delicious with wide array of choices and Michele was responsible of making our morning coffee and cappuccino which was very yummy .
about the location although it wasn't in the historical center of Rome but it was very close to bus stop (less than 1 minute walking) and 5 min bus ride to nearest Metro station so the location wasn't an issue at all.
finally i will talk about Michele and Christiano , both were lovely and friendly and they treated us like friends rather than clients . they helped us in everything we asked even walked us to nearest bus station .
our stay was perfect and definitely we will back

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seaser84

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here a few weeks ago (June 2013) for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff, particularly Christiano were extremely helpful, we had a prompt transfer from the airport to the hotel and when we got there were given clear and helpful instructions as well as a detailed map on how to use the public transport and how to get to the main sights. It is just a short 20 minute bus ride into the centre of Rome and just ten minutes to the Vatican! So excellent on location. The room was very clean and modern and the breakfast was also excellent. The staff were also extremely fast in replying to our enquiries before we flew out which was very helpful. The only flaw I can think of was that the room we had was on the main road and we did get some traffic noise until fairly late at night. Luckily me and my boyfriend are not sensitive sleepers and we were always so worn out it didn't bother us too much, but maybe consider asking for a room not on the main road if you are!
All in all it was a very enjoyable stay, we highly recommend them and would definitely stay here again if we returned to Rome in the future!

Room Tip: If you are a sensitive sleeper ask for a room not on the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Having just returned from a 7 night stay at the Star of Rome, I can honestly say that we made the right choice in staying there. From the moment that I booked my trip, Michele & Christiano were always quick to reply, addressing any concerns that I had. I was especially concerned about a safe, comfortable, clean place to stay as my sister and I were travelling with our 84 year old father. We all stayed in the same room which was quite spacious and very very clean. The beds were very very comfortable, the AC worked great, as well as the shower. The bathroom was completely tiled and spotless.

There is a lot of traffic, activity outside the b&b, but you'd never know it once you are inside the building....it was super super quiet, and always such a treat to get back to after spending a day near the Vatican or any of the other places throughout Rome. In fact, we barely heard any of the guests as well although it was evident by the presence of people in the dining area at breakfast, that the place was well occupied! It was also nice to have a pot in which to heat hot water, make coffee and/or tea in the morning before breakfast was available (at 7:30). Also, if you wanted to eat in your bedroom they were happy to take your breakfast to you as well as get you whatever food item you'd desire. Christiano was great from the moment he arrived at the airport to pick us up (I would highly recommend that you use this service unless you are very familiar with Rome and how the buses/metro work) to the moment he dropped us off a week later. We were not quite sure that we were at the right terminal, and he got out of the car, went inside and asked, and return to reassure us that yes, we were in the correct place! Also Michele would literally drop everything to accompany us outside and take us to the exact spot where we were to get on the bus or get money at the ATM!...They would also explain in great detail how to get from one location to another which we thoroughly appreciated. The only suggestion that I would make is that they perhaps have some fresh fruit at breakfast, just a few simple things like sliced melon or cantaloupe or grapefruit, oranges...there is no fitness center in the hotel, but that is not a problem, one gets more than enough exercise walking the city all day!

Thank you so much to the Star of Rome for making our trip to Rome such a wonderful vacation!

Room Tip: I think any of the rooms were good, but I believe ours was the Borghese, the largest room as well as...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandy M
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I can only say that after reading all the great reviews and staying at the Star of Rome B&B; that I must agree with all the good comments. I am very picky as to where I stay when I travel and this place was great! The absolute best customer service, safe and secure, very clean and the price was very reasonable. The location was perfect and the food and sites where all close by and easy to find. I'll definitely stay here next time I'm in Rome.

Room Tip: I didn't ask about a gym or pool, so I'm not sure if one was available!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Duane M
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Star of Rome and had an amazing experience. I travel a lot for work and Star of Rome is one of the best places I have stayed!
The rooms are comfy, spacious, and very clean.
The staff cater to you every need and are very friendly!
They make you feel right at home. They answered all my questions and explained the best ways to get around Rome. When I go back to Rome I will definetly stay at Star of Rome!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank sel1984
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Besides everything the main treasure of this hotel its management!
Guys were very kind and sensitive!
Totally the best manager is Damiano! You need to know this MAN! He will do everything for your comfort and tranquility because he simply can't do anything in another way!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vadim D
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

Last week I was in Rome for three days. I was really sad because when I arrived it was raining and the weather wasn't the best to visit Rome. Despite everything the boys make my journey beautiful with their sympathy. They are very prepared and they have organized my visits through the best museum and monuments of Rome. But it's not all! They give me a lot of info about the most tipicall place to eat, pubs and discos. Thanks them I have visited Testaccio and Trastevere and I felt like a very italian girl. "Star of Rome" is really the main star of Rome! Interior decorations are wonderfull and what say about the cleaning? perfect! I don't find the words to thanks the guys! Certainly I will be back in Star of Rome

• Stayed: March 2013