“Great find near St. Peter's”

Il Pozzetto Ristorante
Reserve with
Il Pozzetto Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,246 of 12,134 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$16 - US$54
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Vatican / Borgo
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great find near St. Peter's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

First day in Rome we headed for St. Peter's Square then looked for a place for lunch. Headed down Borgho Po avoiding the cafes with pictures of plates of food out front and stopped at Il Pozzetto, which looked more classy. We just wanted a plate of pasta and a drink. I had the orecchiette with broccoli served in a basket, off the specials menu. Really super. Friulli white wine. Sunshine. Outdoors. Just what you want on holiday away from UK.
Returned later on that week for another good lunch, but no specials menu and no orecchietti. Busy lunch time trade and outside tables are sought after. It is a tourist area and you get itinerant musicians and pedlars, but the waiters keep them under control. Mid price range.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Goldinggirl

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Saint John, Canada
“Great pizza and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

On a tour to Rome from our cruise port in Livorno, we were in the area of the Vatican when we decided to have some pizza. We noticed the trattoria sign over the doorway while on our hop on hop off bus tour and were easily able to find our way back to this spot. It was very close to St. Peter's Square on the other side of the walled part of the city. We got a seat inside quite quickly and ordered a pizza. It was on our table very quickly. The only surprise was that the pizza didn't have any tomato sauce on it. We just picked a pizza of the menu that sounded good and assumed that all of them came with tomato sauce of some fashion...but...never assume. I'm not sure what kind of sauce it had on it, but it was excellent. The prices were very good too! The waiters all were happy and seemed to really enjoy their work. The ambiance was great. We did have to ask for our check, though, as it wasn't brought to us as soon as we finished. Wouldn't hesitate to eat here again. Oh, and the toilet facilities were very clean which is always nice to see when you've been on a train and bus for several hours.

• Visited October 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Delish wee find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We were wandering looking for somewhere to eat and stumbled upon this place, 5mins away from the Vatican. Really lovely server, not sure of her name but she may have been Diana. She translated the specials for us and wasn't pushy at all like the restaurants in the tourist parts. We had risotto and potato cake, really delish and would highly recommend.

• Visited September 2013
“In casevypu ate hungry after a 3 hour tour of the Vatican...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

We had to wait for almost 30 minutes to get our order... And when the food arrived we were hugely disappointed by the size of the pasta portion... simply inexistent! Quality of the food was good.

Castellon de la Plana, Spain
“Excellent restaurant in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have visited Rome several times in the last years and that's why I know the city well enough to say that I know it's most interesting places. So, in this last journey, Il Pozzetto was the greatest surprise I had in my visit. I have been to many restaurants in Rome before discovering it, and, as I told one of the waitresses, "this is the best restaurant in Rome I've ever been in". The food is excellent, well cooked, very good quality, and the staff are extremely gentle and polite, and make you feel very comfortable. Even though it's placed in the middle of a very touristic area, they keep a high standard.
Of course, nothing is perfect, so I could find one little mistake: sometimes, it took quite a lot to have the courses served (sometimes, I had to wait for tn o fifteen minutes for my first course). But it was worth the wait, absolutely. And when I'll go back to Rome, I know for sure I'll go back to this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013