“The perfect Italian food tour! Graci!!”

The Roman Food Tour
US$105.91*
The Roman Food tour in Trastevere
Ranked #9 of 232 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: The Roman Food Tour takes you off the beaten path, to a traditional Roman neighbourhood, to experience the real taste of the city. Enjoy one of Italy’s most pleasurable passions, with a complete food experience and let all of your senses come alive. You will discover local secrets, become immersed in its culture and meet the people who are at the heart of these food traditions.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just got done with this tour, and in one word AMAZING!! I loved the attention to detail, It was obvious that the people who created this tour took their time to choose the perfect Resturants to represent the real expirence of Italy! It was a perfect pairing, great food with great portions with a great knowledgeable friendly guide and great local Resturants. The best part about the Resturants chosen in this tour were that they were local Resturants that real local Italians eat at, not tourist based Restaurants, in fact myself and my other tour mates were the only tourist in every Resturant we went to. AWSOME!! With all that said, I absolute felt that the price was nothing compared to the expirence gained for me and my taste buds lol, in fact I would have paid more lol. Do the smart thing when you get to Rome and SIGN UP FOR THIS TOUR!! If you sign up for any other food tour in Rome you might as well walk around with a sign around your neck that says, "tourist ready for tourist trap."

1  Thank Traybragg11
Joshua E, Owner at The Roman Food Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Thanks soo much for the review Trason !! hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Jessina was fabulous! The tour was amazing. She was so personable in addition to being knowledgeable. I felt like I had known her forever. Absolutely the best part of our visit to Roma!

Joshua E, Owner at The Roman Food Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2015

thank you darlene for your review and kind words ... if you come back to rome be sure to let us know ..

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was a highlight of our trip to Rome. our guide Jess was warm and knowledgable and clearly passionate about her food - our 4 hours with her flew by. Everything we tasted was incredible and it was nice to learn and experience real local food in a relaxed environment. Definitely the best food we ate while in Rome. No negative comments - we would definitely recommend this to everyone.

1  Thank the-wozzies

what a lovely review , many many thanks .. we are flattered by how highly you rated our tour... please let us know if you're back in Rome one day

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Having visited Rome a few times before, we were looking for something a bit different to give us a deeper insight into this wonderful city. Jess of the Rome Food tour did just that! We visited five different restaurants and specialty tours and had tastings at all. Jess clearly loves food and food of this region so we learned a lot about the region and culture. The highlight for me was a stop at a high end specialty cheese where we tasted four cheeses, three different types of meat, tuna, and a delicious aged balsamic vinaigrette. We also tasted at a superb gelato shop and Bonci, a fabulous pizza shop. Definite food coma by the end. Be certain to come with good walking shoes and an appetite! Don't miss this activity...it will tell you more about Rome than almost any other activity.

1  Thank cookielover54
Joshua E, Manager at The Roman Food Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2015

we appreciate very much your review .. thank you soo much ..we are delighted you had a great time with jess and enjoyed all of the food , and you loved the aged balsamic as much as we do

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had an awesome time on my food tour with Jess.
I could tell she really loves her job - it really shows.
She knows heaps about the food and has picked out some amazing places to eat at.
Not only did I have some of the best food of my life - but I also learned a lot of about Italian food and culture.
I'm definitely going to do the tour again next time I'm in Rome and would recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank LightningMcQueen79

what a lovely review .. thank you very much .. let us know when you're back in rome and we would love to have you come on one of our new tours with us