“A nice meal went downhill fast!!”

Ristorante Sora Franca
Ranked #7,117 of 12,134 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Vatican / Borgo
St. George Island
“A nice meal went downhill fast!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I were looking for an authentic local place but wound up in a definite tourist area. We chose this restaurant out of 10 or more on this street. Service was slow from the beginning. We ordered an appetizer and two courses each. The food was delicious. My wife did not care for the house white wine but I thought the red was just fine.
I asked for the check and when the waiter brought it I asked if credit cards were accepted. He said they were and then told me the "service charge" must be paid in cash. He also said 15% was expected and even showed me where it was handwritten in small letters on the bottom of the menu.
I don't know how the evening went downhill so suddenly but it was very unpleasant.

• Visited May 2014

• Polish first
“Average quality with a ridiculous price for a mixed salad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Pizza was quite ok, seafood average quality but...... I have never, never ever paid 6€ so far for a medium sized mixed salad with green tomatoes. As a comparison the pizza price is 8€. I can't hold feeling a bit fooled (sure if you look into the menu you will find the price)

Alice Springs, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTASTIC - Eat here!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

The service was awesome & food was brilliant! We will be returning! & free WIFI to boot. Highly recommend choosing this restaurant over the others in close proximity....

• Visited January 2014
Paris, France
“super pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

The staff were excllent at this hotel! Juan (the owner i believe) was always really happy to help and accomodating, making sure we had everything we needed and more, happy to suggest places to visit, call taxis for us, and generally made us feel really welcome! The appartments (we stayed in two) were beautiful, each having a really nice useful kitchen area, a big fridge and great wifi access.

Visited July 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average at best....beware the salesman owner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Got caught by 4 restaurants all very close together and the salesman of one being most attentive to our interest. Promised much but delivered little by way of taste or value unfortunately - and then asked for a tip!

Wouldn't bother.....