“An enjoyable night and we enjoyed the food”

Ristorante Sora Franca
Ranked #7,487 of 12,437 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vatican / Borgo
Sydney, Australia
“An enjoyable night and we enjoyed the food”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Some of the reviews on this place seem to set a pretty high standard on a place the only holds itself out to be a trattoria, not some gastronomic adventure. It is one of 4 in close proximity, and we picked it for 3 reasons - 1 the menu looked good and the prices were okay; 2 the host was fun; and 3 the outside chairs were on the side of the lane that was out of the sun on a warm summer night.

My wife and I picked the lobster linguine, and the kids picked pasta and pizza. The linguine was great, with a small half lobster accompanying the pasta, along with various instruments to remove the meat. The kid enjoyed their meals as well.

The host was lots of fun (holding himself out to be Al Pacino and also entertaining us with his attempt at an Aussie accent). We also enjoyed a couple of local guys with a guitar and an accordion who played for us.

It was a good dinner at a good price and we enjoyed it. Take it for what it is and have a good night.

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
“ehhhh food”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

there are a very few places that serve good that is no good, this place is one of them.

theres a lady that will be around the Vatican to lure people in the restaurant giving you a 10 Euro offer.
the deal looks really good, and they promise you a lot of variety. once you go in there, all that is out the door and the real menus come out. if you ask for the 10 euro deal, they will give you some generic options that you wouldn't want to have anyways.

was not very satisfied.

• Visited March 2014
St. George Island
“A nice meal went downhill fast!!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I were looking for an authentic local place but wound up in a definite tourist area. We chose this restaurant out of 10 or more on this street. Service was slow from the beginning. We ordered an appetizer and two courses each. The food was delicious. My wife did not care for the house white wine but I thought the red was just fine.
I asked for the check and when the waiter brought it I asked if credit cards were accepted. He said they were and then told me the "service charge" must be paid in cash. He also said 15% was expected and even showed me where it was handwritten in small letters on the bottom of the menu.
I don't know how the evening went downhill so suddenly but it was very unpleasant.

• Visited May 2014
“Average quality with a ridiculous price for a mixed salad”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Pizza was quite ok, seafood average quality but...... I have never, never ever paid 6€ so far for a medium sized mixed salad with green tomatoes. As a comparison the pizza price is 8€. I can't hold feeling a bit fooled (sure if you look into the menu you will find the price)

Alice Springs, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTASTIC - Eat here!!!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The service was awesome & food was brilliant! We will be returning! & free WIFI to boot. Highly recommend choosing this restaurant over the others in close proximity....

• Visited January 2014