“Amazing”

Ranked #61 of 783 Dessert in Rome
Neighbourhood: Monti
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Really good, great service, amazing ice cream. I came here with a friend. The person that was serving was really nice and let us to try it before our choice. Strongly suggested.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

And, I've had a LOT of gelato, believe me! We stumbled upon this little place because it was on the street we walked down every day into town from the place we were staying.

My husband was the one this time, who wanted a gelato. He chose pistachio, chocolate and strawberry... My favourite is their pistachio and coffee.

We ate our way all through Italia and had some good gelato and some 'not so good' gelato, I think that after Rome, which was our first city... we became gelato conisseurs, so it's safe to say that Don Pepe's was our FAV! By the way, my husband, who is French and I ... fondly nicknamed this gelateria- "Chez Pepe's" and we often dream about going back to Rome, just so we can have a gelato from Chez Pepe's! :)

2  Thank Leesa G
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We happened upon Cremeria Don Pepe when returning from dinner one night and loved it! They make traditional Italian crepes, serve a large portion of Gelati at the best prices we have found in "tourist Italy", and are directly beside the Colosseum!! They also have fruit cups and American soft serve with Classic American toppings (something we have never seen in Italy) if you prefer. Servers also spoke very good English.

2  Thank CookFamilyPharmacists
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We discovered this by chance as we were going to visit a nearby location. We went there 3 times, but the first one was the best as the staff varies, the first one made us a huge ice cream. Price is quite good 3 euro for three flavors ice cream. Although I've eaten ice cream in Italy on several occasions, nociolla flavor was the best I've eaten so far.

1  Thank Alin N
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We were wondering the area around 10 pm trying to avoid annoying hosts of the neighboring restaurants. Then we noticed this small clean inviting and empty cremeria and just had to pop in. The young lady at the counter was very nice and let us try various flavors. Regretfully, we promised ourselves to have just one small cup per day for 2 (damn diet). We settled on delightful caramel. It was creamy, sweet, and luscious. We hope to be back. If your calorie count permits, give this place a try. It is better than most.

1  Thank Gene_Augusta