“Could have been better”

Ranked #334 of 802 Tours in Rome
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Around Rome Tours proposes a diverse range of excellent walking Tours, bus tours, bike and scooter rentals in Rome, we also offer Vatican tours, tours of Rome and day trips to other cities such as Naples, Pompeii, Florence and many more. Experience with our tours the magic of Rome and Italy, the majesty and beauty of the Vatican, walking with our professional guides who will make history come to life.
Holte, Denmark
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Could have been better”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

After buying the tickets in the office, we asked where to get a cup of coffee while waiting for the tour to start - nobody bothered to tell us that the company offered free coffee in the room adjacent, but advised us instead to go to an expensive restaurant close to the office.
The tour guide (Irene?) were mostly talking to herself, so it was very difficult to make head or tail of her history.- also she rushed through halls with lots of beautiful painting only stopping at a few, which gave us no time at all to enjoy neither the halls or the art.

Visited December 2013
Samuel H, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Around Rome - Day Tours, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Jan

Thank you for your comments however we do feel they are misleading. There are signs up at our reception clearly showing that we offer free tea, coffee and buscuits with free wifi and internet also available for our guests. I have spoken with our reception team and they mentioned they had a good conversation with you and your husband in which he asked for a good place for a coffee, our staff have directed you to the restuarant da Aldo in which our clients have a 20% discount and its excellent coffee so we were just trying to make a good suggestion and an expresso coffee there costs only 1 euro.

We respect your comments regarding the tour guide, however honestly this is the first time we have received any type of complaint regarding Irene as she is one of our best guides and offers a first class service, obviously visiting the Vatican Museums over the new years period can be difficult at such peak times due to the crowds inside. It is not possible for our guides to stop at all the paintings you go past as the museums are so big so a selection of the main galleries are chosen which im sure you can understand.

We would be happy to offer you our services again at a discounted rate should you ever return to Rome to prove our quality of service and professionalism.

Have a great 2014

Samuel Heenan
Around Rome Tours

Minneapolis, Minnesota
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour of the Vatican”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I took the 4 hour Vatican tour with Irene and had a wonderful time. We were a bit of a larger group, closer to 16 (even though I think the max was supposed to be 12), but Irene handled, led, and informed the group wonderfully. She was clear and FUNNY. I didn't expect to laugh so much on a tour of the Vatican! It took us some time to get from the meeting point to the Vatican and then to get the radios on and working - but I am SO glad I took this tour. There is no way I would have been able to see and understand all that I did if I had gone to the Vatican alone - do yourself a favor and book this tour. The only bummer is that we only had a few minutes inside St. Paul's before it closed, but Irene answered every question thrown at her.

Visited November 2013
Tirana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great tour around Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter Basilica andSquare”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The tour was fantastic! My guide was Irene. She had a very knowledge on Vatican. She was funny and helpful. I could see everything in time, without queuing. It was a special day on Saturday, because the Pope was going to meet the families in square and everything looked a mess and the Sistine Chapel closed earlier. But we could see everything, because Irene was really smart and well organized. She gave all the information about the things we were seeing and also additional information about other attractions of Rome. At the end she helped everybody to find the shortest way to reach the favorite destinations. I recommend Around Rome agency, because they are correct, helpful and really good on what they do. Worth value for the money.

Visited October 2013
Killarney, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun and informative!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We went on a private tour with Virgilio to Villa d'Este. It was the most fun day we had during our entire trip to Rome. Virgilio went above and beyond to make our day special and we really appreciated everything he did for us. Not only was he fun to be with but he has an amazing wealth of knowledge of Rome, art and photography. At the end of the day we felt like we had made a new friend in Rome.

Visited September 2013
Lakenheath, England, United Kingdom
“Very good information|”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Our tour guide was amazing. I thought this place was going to be hard to find but I had no hard time with it once I got off the metro. I found out so much about the vatican and Our guide was really funny. They have great tea and coffee services and they really make the solo traveller feel welcome. I definitely recommend it.

Visited October 2013