“So worthwhile”

US$68.68*
Skip the line: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica
US$74.76*
and up
Vatican Skip-the-Line Tour Packages: Basilica Sistine Chapel and Vatican...
US$93.61*
Early Entrance to Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel including St Peter Basilica
Ranked #137 of 807 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had set off to do a self-guided tour of the Forum and Collesium but had got a bit tired of looking at bits of old buildings. Then we met Sean who talked us into a guided tour of the same area. That completely changed our day! What Tiberio, our guide, doesn't know about ancient Rome probably isn't worth kmowing. We had an excellent day and learned things that would have completely passed us by had it not been for him. He put everything into its proper context and answered ALL our questions - not just the 'what' but the 'why' too. Amazing!! Highly recommended for this tour.

There are newer reviews for City Lights Rome - Day Tours

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

We took a 3-hour tour through the Roman forum and to the colloseum. Tiberio, our guide, started with interesting background information on Rome and the surroundings, and we started the tour itself. The price is affordable and fair - 35 eur per person, which includes all the entrance fees to the Roman forum and to the colloseum.
The guide knows lots of information, passes it along interestingly and is also happy to answer any other question you might have.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank Adi S
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We took a chance when approached by a tour guide outside the Colosseum. I am so glad we did. Tiberious (ph) was an awesome guide: knowledgeable, dramatic, a great story teller. He even recommended that we eat Carbonara anywhere near the Pantheon area, which I did and am now hooked on the dish. I enjoyed this tour so much that I would do it again upon a return visit!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Me and my boyfriend took a breathtaking NIGHT tour of the Colosseum thanks to City Lights Rome. It's an experience that I would definitely recommend!!
In our hotel we have been warned to beware of the "street tour sellers" but I am happy that we didn't follow this suggestion in the end. We met a guy from the agency in front of the Colosseum and he gave us all the information on the night tour and so we decided to try it. Finally, it was a good decision: the guide was great, the tour was fantastic and the people from the agency were kind and competent and got us the receipt as well!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I'm a meticulous travel planner but I did not pre-plan a tour of the Colloseum and Forum. Having read all of the horror stories about the onslaught of tour guides outside the Colloseum and Forum, I was prepared to tour the sights without a guide. While standing outside the gates a rep from City Lights Rome Tours approached, gave an excellent pitch and within 5 minutes I was inside the Colloseum with a small english speaking tour group. The guide was fantastic and incredibly knowledgeable about the history, architecture and culture of ancient Rome. I would not try your luck like we did so book ahead with City Lights Tours.

4  Thank Douglas F